1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hazard

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by luvgonzo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm not a fan, never have been. Watched him closely last night and my opinion hasn't changed. He was turning players and running at the Utd defence and looked class, right until it's time for that cruicial pass or a shot.

I haven't looked at his stats for the season so I can probabaly be shot down with numbers but I always think he just lacks that something in the vital moment. If he changes that he will then be up there with the very best.

Zanjinho likes this.
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I'm a big fan ... he has amazing balance and speed of thought and reaction. I was never a huge fan of Mourinho teams tbf ... but I love the fluidity and style in this current Chelsea team and he is integral to that ... thought we had a chance at home against them when Costa was left out ... but the front 3 of Hazard, Willian and Pedro were like fleeting shadows and we couldn't get near them.

I'd judge him by considering whether he would currently get into any side in the top 6 - for me that's a no brainer - he certainly would. Jose seemed to have deliberately targeted him last night - he took some clattering tackles - but he just never stopped showing and was at the heart of most things that Chelsea did well ... only Kante was better IMHO. <ok>

seabreeze likes this.
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Must admit I think he's a fantastic player.

His running at speed and ability to either completely halt his run or rapidly change direction makes it a nightmare to tackle, think I read he's the most failed player in the Prem and I can understand why. Add his goals and assists into play and he's certainly one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe.

The only thing I disagree with media/ pundits on is when they say he can reach Messi or Ronaldo's level. I'm a fan of Hazard but he'll never be as good as those two, I doubt anyone ever will, or at least for a very long while. I'd say within a year or two he can be as good as the likes of Ribery and Robben were in their prime, used to love watching them, still do now although these days they're injured more often than not.

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I can't argue with both posts above but I still feel he should create and score more.

Zanjinho likes this.
  5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

He's not a Suarez. He doesn't play that role either. I agree with DH. He won't get to Messi levels.....but he brings the same excitement to a team that Robben, Ribery, Bale bring, when I'm watching it anyway.

6. The Ginger Marks

He's goal from his own half against the goons defence was world class.....he has this in his locker.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He will never even get close to Messi Ronaldo level until his finishing gets better.

Think he can maybe reach Bale's level of effectiveness, certainly Ribery's and most likely Robben's.

Hopefully he will end up somewhere between Robben and Bale. Robben's skills + Bale's scoring.

His change of direction is incredible to see live

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Beg to differ , not sure what happened to him last season but If you take that out of the equation I think Hazard is one of the best players in the World .

Blueman likes this.
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

The lad is awesome. End of.

seabreeze likes this.
  10. seabreeze

And he good with ballboys too .:)

Sign Da Ting likes this.

11. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

He's a great player, no doubt.

His ability to turn at pace with the ball, his seemingly effortless bursts of sudden acceleration, his balance.

He's one of those players who can change a game single handed.

Sign Da Ting, Blueman and seabreeze like this.
  12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Nobody gets to Messi levels!...

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think when the term world class gets banded about, we immediately start judging players on the sheer incredible performances, goals and assists of Ronaldo and Messi in particular. Most world class players cant get to that level. Even the greats of the recent past like Zidane, Figo, Kaka etc couldn't get near those guys stats wise.

Stick Hazard in Barca or Real and I'm sure you'd see even more goals, assists etc as them teams and that league are more set up for attackers to shine.

He's been the best attacking player in England for 2 out of the last 3 years. Plus he is a joy to watch and that should be part of the appeal of watching any top player.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

This.
    Easy to forget that Ronaldo and Messi are once (or twice in this case), in a lifetime players whom only a handful of other players in world history can even hope to get anywhere near stat wise.
    And in a league where teams don't defend, its not as difficult to score a sackful of goals, lets not forget that either.

Sign Da Ting and seabreeze like this.
  15. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

He's no Suarez.

Him and Sanchez are the closet thing the PL has to one though. I like him.

16. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Nah mate. Should have kicked him harder. Just because he was a ball boy at 17. <laugh>

seabreeze likes this.
  17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Hazard is a top player but he'll have to be better to reach the level of Robben... even when Robben was that age. Tgat goes back to what Luv is saying in the OP

18. seabreeze

Looked a bit like human croquet with his foot as the mallet , looked very ...hazardous

Blueman likes this.
  19. seabreeze

Disagree , Hazard and Robben are as good as each other in different ways . Although Robben is eons ahead of Hazard in diving , would give Suarez a dive for his money .

Blueman likes this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Hazard is 26. Robben was by far the better player at age 21/22, for both club and country, than Hazard is now. He had/has more to his game including end product. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Robben all day long.

That doesnt take anything away from Hazard btw, he's a top player.

Sign Da Ting and Lovearsenalcock like this.