1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Have we got it covered ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Feb 11, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

It's been snowing overnight - not much - and it should turn to rain. I don't expect that it will prevent the game from going ahead -- BUT - the forecast did predict snow - did the Club put a cover on the pitch overnight - to 'protect' the pitch for as long as possible before 3pm ?
    The playing conditions are not going to be brilliant - more suited to hoofball ( perhaps why we won't have covered the grass ).

ps - I wonder if brb will feel any sympathy for Vale fans as they freeze in the BMS ? ( I know how he loves them so much )................ seriously - put the few that come to Gillingham in the GRS - then brb can have a nice 'chat' with them from his temporary seat - I just hope he doesn't cause any trouble for me - I can cause enough of my own !!

2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I understand the covers have been on since Wednesday, yesterday on inspection the pitch was passed as ok, it will probably be quite heavy after 3 days under covers though.

3. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

From reports I'm getting there's no further pitch inspection considered necessary and everything should be OK.

Of course if there's a really heavy fall in the next few hours that will change, but sounds like an extra layer of clothing might be in order.

4. brb

brb CR250

As far has I'm concerned they can stick the Vale fans on BMS top tier, only Wolves fans follow a close second to that bunch of idiots.

No love loss as you can tell <laugh>

itstimupnorth likes this.