1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hats off to a Millwall fan

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by stonkin, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

And which particular attack would that have prevented? Doesn't work for UK citizens, which appears to be our biggest problem atm.

Now if we hadn't reduced the number of policemen by 20k, and had actually instead reallocated the resources to preventative anti-terrorism duties, that may well have helped, especially as it appears that some of these perpetrators were 'known' but 'low priority'. This is not an anti-tory barb - I'm quite sure a Labour government would not reinstate them. A new government rarely undoes whatever it railed against in opposition - the exception prolly being economic ideology.

Btw, I don't believe for a moment that you are racist. If anything, you're simply showing you're a big softie at heart (not an insult).

Marcos Barber likes this.
  2. Whitejock

Collaborating, eh? <laugh>

Chippy / Glory and MIGHTY like this.
  3. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

True enough al started in 2009 by Labour!!

4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

And finished by the tories every year since.

5. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Can't answer that and give you links and proof that you require for a proper debate but can say with some certainty, if we do nothing, don't expect anything to change.

Was the Manchester bombers dad not fighting in Syria or somewhere? By expelling the known extremists and stopping them coming back or making it harder for new ones to arrive, we may at least cut off the next generation of arseholes that want to bomb us and our children rather than saying they are British because they were born here so let's house them and educate them and wait for them to hate us!

OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  6. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

interesting read They never once let him out of their sight <yikes> yet the eyeties have nowhere near the resources you have back there <doh>
    and you cant say you were not warned
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...italian-officials-wrote-to-uk-says-prosecutor

7. Whitejock

Actually no, as I posted before, a 31% increase 2001-10, and net 18% drop since. Academic, as I don't believe Labour would reinstate, given opposition record
    Snigger! :D I see what you did there.

I don't have the answers. In fact no-one does. There are definitely things that should be done, there's no doubt about that. But no-one knows exactly what will or won't work yet. Remember, it's not just a UK problem. No other country has a successful plan yet either.

Not so sure I agree about the father / son thing. It's like saying that just because a father (or any other relative) is into something, the rest of the family should be punished for it too. So for instance, if a guy bottles someone in a pub & gets jailed, does that mean his whole family should be jailed? Perhaps not the best example, but a reasonable stop:think off the top of my head. Indeed, taking the action you describe might actually radicalise others in the neighbourhood who are unrelated & until that event, not inclined to be violent.

Perhaps it's time to being back gladitorial combat. EDL v ISIS at Wembley. Chuck 'em in the middle, 100 at a time, & give them blunt instruments. Last man standing gets a pardon. <whistle>