1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hatem Back Again?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by G4rdToonArmy, Dec 19, 2016.

1. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Interesting piece in the Chron, suggesting HBA could be available in January.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...astle-united-january-transfer-window-12343180

I don't think he would come back, especially to the Championship, but then who thought Rafa would stay on?

Would you take him back? On his day he can win any game but those days seem few and far between and he's had problems at every club.

Personally a big phat NO from me, would rather invest in young British talent to grow at the club. Demari Gray, Nathan Redmond are all young English wingers I'd have snapped up recently and I'm sure there's a few more gems out there not to mention the young El Mahanni and Calum Roberts coming through the ranks.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh> No thanks.

A very talented lad but unfortunately nothing much has changed away from the pitch. He is still regularly out of condition and trains poorly. I had heard he had been dropped from the squad yet again. This is just a few weeks after the manager re-introduced him against Arsenal to good effect. He had a spell training alone earlier in the season. If he has chucked that back in Emery's face then he is a fool. I am sure it is all Emery's fault just as it was Bruce, Pardew, Perrin, Gerets, Deschamps...

Such a shame though as he should have been at a top club and a regular for the last decade such is the talent he has. He should have been lighting up major international tournaments. He has something its difficult to teach. He also lacks something it is difficult to teach without willing from the pupil. At 29 now he has wasted his career and won't be remembered.

The surprising thing for me is that he has not grasped this latest chance, as it was obvious it was his last. PSG is a monster of a club now. They are CL and could provide him with the ultimate stage. He has the chance to play with some of Europes best players.

Don't know about those coming through but I did like the look of Roberts. We have had a false dawn with Aarons, so its just about locating other young talent. Whether that is from here or abroad, we certainly need some quality in attacking midfield. In an ideal world Palace and Swansea go down and we snap up Sigurdsson and Zaha. 27 and 24 respectively, know their own game and the game here.

Look at that pig flying by my window...

3. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

How is Roberts progressing now? Not heard much about him in ages but he looked classy a couple of seasons ago.

Also, when the new and improved Sammy Ameobi returns we will be all set for the Prem. Benni wouldn't get a look in.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Pardewed

Obi Wan likes this.
  5. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Is it really true...
    Is Sammy Coming Back?
    Please Santa please.....
    Ok he's not the real deal, but having any Ameobi back will make Christmas for everyone.

Obi Wan likes this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

**** no. The only positive for our region will be the Greggs share price.
    He's a lazy twat.

7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Not a Rafa player at all

8. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Yes. Get him back

J. J. McClure and Captainchaos. like this.
  9. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

We absolutely do NOT need him back.

Players like Ben Arfa and Barton might be available in Jan, but the squad is nicely balanced and working for each other, we don't need twats like those 2 coming in with all their attitude and egos and messing up the team like Batty and Asprilla did in the title challenge.

If we sign anyone in Jan in should be back up for Shelvey, or Knockaert if we can prize him away from Brighton.

10. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

Bring him back immediately.

Our squad was full of morons and egos when Sir Bobby was in charge players like Bellamy and Laurent Robert both of which couldn't have been easy to handle, but now we have Benitez, I am sure he would be able to manage Ben Arfa.

Imagine if Benitez could get Benny boy to re-kindle the form he had for Nice last year, the same form that made PSG offer him mega money! Hatem would run rings around these championship defences and would bang them in from all angles.

Captainchaos. likes this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

The difference is all those players were happy to work and maintain some form of professionalism. Bellamy, Dyer, Robert etc were top trainers regardless of being knobs or piss heads.

Imagine if your auntie had balls, she'd be your uncle <cheers>

12. Warmir Pouchov

Think this is a common misconception to be honest. Keegan ****ed that up. He just didn't handle it particularly well. Added to that a number of players didn't perform under pressure, lost form and some teams went really negative against us. Tactically KK struggled to work that out a bit.

pauljohnhutch and Flash like this.
  13. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

The guy is a waster.

All the talent in the world but lacks the motivation because he's probably financially set for life.

It would be a no from me, but if Rafa sees fit to bring him in, then we can only sit back and watch the bone-idle Frenchman suck more money out of the club for next-to-no return.

14. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Only want him to come back if he wears his big red suit, arrives by reindeer, and pisses off again before the Queen's Speech!

15. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I've just seen Hatem just up from Chinatown where cottage chicken is

16. Warmir Pouchov

Nom nom nom

17. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

He will be off to get their meal deal...

Captainchaos. likes this.