1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Has everybody died?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Mar 20, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

For the past month or so I have really struggled to keep up with the volumn of mail, my breakfast break took me over an hour, afternoon tea over an hour and fair bit of my evening was tidying up the bits I had missed.
    So far today just 20 mins total.............. managed a quick trip to City centre then up to Abbeywood and home took me 90 mins, had my dinner watching the coaltits making up their minds which box to use, afternoon tea doing my vat and chatting to the Vat call centre about getting a rebate ...
    why has it gone so quiet? :emoticon-0138-think

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Maybe because we haven't lost in 4 games, I haven't seen a certain somebody here for a while posting about his hate for Johnson <whistle>

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Perhaps we have all finally given up on moaning and have decided to take a mental health break.

4. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Well the two main culprits have got nothing to moan about at the moment, and long may it continue.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It was actually nice to A) win a bloody game again (and 2 on the bounce at that!) and B) Not to feel sick to the stomach with Bristol City FCs results and performance over a weekend.

A strange feeling and one I've not been used to for quite a few months !

Red Robin likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

I see "shock horror" is the cause, it had to be something serious, wonder how long it might last, is it like flu lasts for 2 weeks then all back to normal <steam>

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Well I've had 2 very heavy colds over the last month having dodged all of the sicknesses that others around me had around Xmas time and it really took it out of me.
    I'm hoping that after a 2 week break the players will take their newly found confidence into the next important tranche of games starting at Brentford.

8. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

There are several consistent moaners/haters that have gone quiet......charging their "Johnson abuse batteries", ready and waiting for the next loss!!
    8 points out of possible 12 (last 4 games) seems to have pissed on their chips!!
    Must admit, it is a bit of a relief, not coming on here continually trying to defend LJs cause......I just hope that it's not a blip and he's learning the way to get points and get out of our dreadful position...

I'm picturing RED ROBIN......."AHHHHH City winning 4-0 with LJ in charge....my worst nightmare" download (2).jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Supcon72 and Alandicksthegreat like this.
  9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I thought this was RR

IMG_0472.JPG

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Here's Redprint

IMG_0474.JPG

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

We are where we are and this lies firstly at the feet of Lansdown,followed by his puppet.

A good manager would have this team in the top six.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    BrightredRickster likes this.
  12. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I'm pleased with the small upturn recently but overall I'm far from happy with our season.
    We aren't out of the woods yet either.

I'll take the wins and safety though.

13. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Johnson Out ! Johnson Out ! , whatever way you dress it up this season has been s--te, stay up or go down.
    The team has under performed, the manager has under performed, the board has under performed. If the situation
    stays the same do not be surprised if we struggle again next season.

Red Robin likes this.
  14. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

if we had won 4-0 with a new manager he would have been all over it like a rash, saying I told you so.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  15. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Or since JP left we've got better, maybe he was part of the problem..

16. johngalleyfan2

quote is like tossing a coin 3 results head or tails or in soft ground edge!
    In our eyes the team has underperformed, in so much as we only have 41 pts when 51 pts would have been better but enough for some of the extreme out brigade At the start of the season more than a dozen fans on here took up the challenge to put their "money where their mouths are" and City were to finish mostly by "popular" vote mid table currently 45 -57 points!
    In our eyes the manager has underperformed, I can't disagree with that, although not having called for his expulsion I think sticking with a plan will be good for the future of the team, and that meant/means sticking with what we have/who we have and building on it. NO PAIN NO GAIN lets hope the pain is now subsiding and the gain is maintained!
    In our eyes the board has under performed, this is the most disgenerous comment you could make, without using profanities!
    The board has backed 99.99% everything that has gone on in the past 2+ years ... the stadium, the management team, funding and unlike some unfortunate clubs with well meaning boards that can only muster a few grand every year ours just musters a few millions!
    do you think it is as simple as SL SAYING HERE'S £10 MILLION GO GET PLAYERS ! He may put in the money but the board has to agree because the future of the club depends on being within the FFP rules.

17. johngalleyfan2

I was /am? (a very) a fan of JP however in some environments the course of action to "steady a ship" maybe the biggest heaviest canon is sacrificed over the side to allow for manouvreability of the smaller of ones! And will be replaced as fortunes dictate!
    co incidence is quirky .. bad results started when DH arrived?! and started to get better just as and after JP left!
    lets hope 12 points between now and END OF SEASON

18. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

19. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

I think the issue here is in the choice, recruitment and sustained, shear bloody minded obstinacy required to keep the dwarf in a job. The amount of money spent just accentuates the piss poor job LJ has done this season, and the misguided direction given us by the board.
    LJ should have gone months ago.
    It is especially galling when you consider the fate of Cotterill, when he delivered silverware to this club and his reward was the sack

Red Hub and Red Robin like this.
  20. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

My gut feeling he told Lansdown what was required,and was given the sack because of it.