1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Has Europa League Win papered over the cracks at United?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, May 25, 2017.

1. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

<laugh> A comment about Spurs and Utd's respective seasons? On this thread?

Seems a bit out of place to me.

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Incorrect my learned friend.

You ****ed up again :)

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You are easy fodder for piss taking.
    Which is why so many come and take easy pop shots at you.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Haven't read the whole thread,but I can gather the gist.

HIAG is pissed and bitter that a team that isn't Spurs has won something again?
    <ok>

Stan and The Ginger Marks like this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That's about the measure of it.

Add in a few **** ups about teams crashing out of the CL and Europa league in the same season, trying to correct somebody's grammar and ****ing it up himself, whilst also not noticing his own grammar **** up im the OP, getting rattled and posting pictures of nets .....

You get the idea.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0113-sleep Standard ****e then.

The Ginger Marks and PINKIE like this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yup. HIAG's threads are all too predictable. Writes a ****e wum, gets his arse handed to him, cries about being victimised, then claims he was fishing.

9. The Ginger Marks

We know Saints, we all know.

PINKIE likes this.
  10. I was definitely 667.

11. Let me tell you what is predictable.

I will start a perfectly acceptable thread (such as this one). Sure, there may be a little bit of banter embedded in the OP - that's my style. The topic is an entirely acceptable one for debate on a forum such as this. Then, a bunch of clowns, being chief amongst them, will pile in with your usual bollocks.

I will give you some examples of the type of thing that will typically happen.

Example 1

HIAG starts a thread about the fortunes (or otherwise) of Team X.

Chuckle Gang: "Yeah, well, what about Spurs?" [Guffaw! Guffaw! Prat fall! loss of dignity!]

Example 2

HIAG starts a thread that takes a humorous side-swipe at a manager, but includes within the OP a germ of a perfectly proper debate.

Chuckle Gang: "Yeah, well, what about Spurs?" [Guffaw! Guffaw! Prat fall! loss of dignity!]

Example 3

HIAG starts an off-topic thread, having nothing whatsoever to do with Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, etc, and referencing no individual poster, whether directly or by implication.

...and so on, ad nauseum!

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There you go blubbing again. All very predictable I'm afraid.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The reason you got your arse handed to you on this thread is not because of any of that victimisation rubbish above.

It's because you tried to wum, saying that the Europa league is for clubs who drop out of the CL and aren't good enough for the Champions league. Yet you failed to spot that Spurs had their arses handed to them in both comps last season.

You then tried to pull somebody up for their grammar and ****ed it up spectaularly, whilst also making your own grammatical errors in the OP.

When you realised you'd been rinsed again, you predictably started posting the net of defeat, because you had **** all left.

And you wonder why your wum **** ups end up with you crying about being victimised. <laugh>

14. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Exactly what is wrong with this place now. The thread is a sensible one that a football forum should be debating. However, because of who posed the question, a shower of **** gets unleashed on it. It's why this place is getting tedious beyond measure.

EDIT - see comment above for confirmation of my point.

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

The difference here, is that Spurs fans are elated with their season (and rightly so because you go to watch good football, not just trophies being lifted), whereas United fans are a little disappointed with theirs on the whole, despite winning two more major honours.

I think both clubs can do better next season, Spurs should focus on silverware if they can keep their team in tact and add more quality, perhaps a domestic cup would be something to remember for building a very good side. United need to play better football, and mount a serious challenge for the two trophies that all clubs want to win.

16. Wrong. You are falling into the usual Chuckle Gang third-rate stock-wum response, mate.

I will repeat some questions that I put to a fellow Chuckle Gang member of yours...

How about the fact that Mourhino's United has been dire in the Prem?

That is a fact.

Has them winning the Europa League papered over the cracks, in that regard? It's a perfectly sensible question, and one that was being debated on TalkSport only yesterday.

How about the fact that United have been profligate in front of goal? Including in the Europa League? How about the fact that they could have easily gone out of the Europa to Celta Viga, if their striker hadn't missed that sitter?

How much is Mourhino going to have to spend to get United up to any kind of fitness-for-purpose in order to compete in both the Prem and the CL?

Will the United board settle for yet another finish outside the top 4, next season? If not, what do you think Mourhino's priorities should be?

Bodi, it would be great if you little fishes could, please, stick to the topic, instead of flip-flopping your way aimlessly through every thread I create.

The alternative, of course, is that you simply avoid any thread I create, thereby removing yourself from whatever problem it is that you imagine me to have created.

Cheers.
    <ok>

17. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I knew you'd be the type to listen to TalkSport and consider their material "perfectly sensible".

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well my stance on it is thus.
    Man united fans will of course be disappointed having finished 6th.
    Just I was with Chelsea in 2012 when we finished 6th.
    But we won the CL that season, and it made up for it.
    United winning the CL (and EL) made up for their ****ty league campaign, because it got them CL qualification, which is why teams try to finish in the top 4 in the first place.
    Once United were out of the title race (Before Christmas) then CL qualification became their main objective, and they achieved it.
    The fact that United won 2 trophies AND qualified for the CL and their fans are disappointed with their season, and the fact that Spurs won **** all, but their fans are elated with their season, speaks volumes as to the difference in expectations amongst the two fanbases.

What is certain though, is that United will spend a record amount this summer and probably buy 2-3 World class players.
    So i cannot see their "cracks" being an issue next season.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The end result of all of this is always this for you mate;

please log in to view this image

20. The Ginger Marks

<laugh>