1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

harrold signed from the shrews

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

2. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A sound signing. 25 goals in his last 108 games. 6ft 1in and 27 when the season starts. 2 year contract.
    Buckle's bought a new spine to the side. I think we need another striker to play with Harrold (with his ginger hair and surname he's got to be 'Prince' or 'Harry')....I just don't think
    Kuffour is a 90 minute man. I wonder who the back-up 'keeper for Bevan will be. Post says today that Tunnicliffe
    is going back to Brighton.
    No news yet of anyone taking the non-retained players or Lines, other than Gavin Williams going back to Yeovil.

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Good signing. Apparently just a full back to be signed now. Great to have everyone in place so early.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

players will be going out like lines for example and maybe even campbell. higgs said there will be others moving on. we need another 2 strikers as we only got harrold and kuffour with richards/powell/ellison in the background. they can go out on loan. we have no wingers either. if your right gastro that a full back is left to be signed then we are in trouble.

5. theblues

theblues Member

Possibly one of the worst players to have graced the pitch of adams park. Grossly overrated by most managers, he contributes nothing to the side, has a poor first touch, can't head accurately despite being 6ft1 and can only score from the penalty spot.

Don't be surprised if he drops to the bench towards the end of the season while someone with footballing ability is loaned into the side or is discovered from the youth setup, as is what happened wycombe and southed and various other clubs he has "played" for in the past.

9 goals from 47 apps for any striker is a horrific record, and seeing as most of those were probably penalties, I don't think Shrewsbury can believe their luck that they actually got a price for him.

6. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

the blues beat me to it.ginger donkey,feel sorry for your fans<ok>

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

8. theblues

theblues Member

9. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

<laugh>

10. Walsall Aces

Walsall Aces Member

I hope Buckle's signed him as the 2nd/3rd striker and not the top lad upfront. He's pretty average BUT wouldn't be a bad option to have on the bench or whatever.

**** me! His record speaks for itself! <laugh>

11. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

It would have been good if we had been given a fairer number of penalties last season. As it was, Harrold took none of the paltry few we were given. Many from Shrewsbury are sorry to see him go and we knew beforehand that he would not score many. Top bloke who always works hard for the team despite his limitations. Guaranteed to get a good reception from the away support when Shrewsbury visit Bristol Rovers in September