1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Garlic Klopp, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Fair point (though it is just a big pan over a heat source, usually gas, when you get right down to it) <ok>

Just a bit of a grind with me like when things are described as "oven baked", as far as I know that is the only way to bake.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

It got fixed so we could, guess tagging the right name would have helped though <laugh>

3. saintKlopp

<laugh> Yeah.
    I didn't know it had been fixed, Bisc tried it on me not long ago and it didn't work then.

4. saintKlopp

I agree. It annoys me when you read something like " Hand-Cut Potato Flakes with 25 Year Cask-Aged Balsamic Vinegar and Non-Refined Aegean Sea Salt" on a bag of salt and vinegar crisps.
    Ok, I made most of that up, but you know the sort of marketing bullshit I mean - trying to convince you you're getting something special so they can charge you more.

Diego likes this.
  5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Tobes, only in the last year have I become addicted to lightly fried sprouts. Gorgeous.

6. Prince Knut

I have an air fryer. You'll never go back to oven chips once you've tried them in the air fryer, with a pinch of salt and rapeseed oil (oil optional). Sausages are sound too, as are potato scallops with a really light batter. Actually, think I might try the sprouts in there. :emoticon-0110-tongu

7. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Oven baked is redundant. Pan Fried refers to the technique more than the fact it was fried in a pan, which of course, usually it is. When you pan fry, the oil is just to prevent sticking as opposed to being used to transfer heat... It specifies the type of frying as opposed to sauteed, shallow fry or deep fried.

8. Prince Knut

I remember some posh hotel here in York and I was on a works management course. It described my pork medallions as 'resting' on a bed of something or other. I would prefer my meat dead and cooked, to be honest, as opposed to just having 40 winks and being rudely interrupted by my fork in its side.

9. Milk not bear jizz

Here in the Southern US you can also have things Chicken-fried.

A chicken-fried steak is normally a cheap cut of beef that has been battered in breadcrumbs or crushed breakfast cereal and (I think, i've never actually cooked it myself) shallow-fried (as opposed to fried chicken which is deep fried) and served with sawmill gravy.

(So basically just a redneck way of saying battered like fried chicken and fried)

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So basically frying in a pan like Saute or shallow depending on the amount of oil/lard you use. Deep frying is different because you completely immerse the food in the oil/lard to exclude any interaction with the air and so seal the flavour and natural juices in instead of letting them escape.

11. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

hey dad whys my sister called Teresa ?mum loves Easter and its an anagram , thanks dad , no problem ALAN

12. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

We have an air fryer as the Mrs is terrified of chip pans catching fire. We used to have oven chips but the air fryer is much better and healthier.

Although as I deal with the results of fires as my job, people not using chip pans and packing in smoking has resulted in less work. I must say before anyone has a go at me I would rather people not have fires, and don't mind there being a bit less work about. The arsonists are still around to create work for me!

* Record Points Total likes this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Tags have always been hit and miss anyway

14. Milk not bear jizz

Basically. Saute is basically same as pan fry only the food is cut into small pieces and you're going to move it more. If a recipe calls to pan fry a piece of meat usually it means you're to cook the meat in one piece and leave it on each side for a while.

Shallow fry, there is a small bed of oil in the pan, almost like a mini deep fry only food doesn't get completely submerged.

15. Milk not bear jizz

Also, I think when you tag someone and then edit your post afterwards to delete the tag. I think it still sends the alert. So you can mess with people.

Zingy and Zanjinho like this.
  16. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Is this conversation about frying actually happening ?? <laugh><yikes>

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

It does. Not sure how it works when you edit a tag into it though

18. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, simply wok away <sorry>

19. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Oil wok away when i damn well choose to

organic red likes this.
  20. Milk not bear jizz

You don't want to be on a date with your new girl and she asks for some fried bacon and you start sauteeing it. She'd be bound to leave you for someone with a better equipped kitchen.