1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Half Arsed Match Day Thread: Rotherham United v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I refuse to use the stupid word. Mr A. Neil couldn't spell it properly, never mind organise one <doh>
    But, at the start of the season, when they offered Turner and Whittaker contract extensions <grr>, the club obviously believed all the hype about 'one of the strongest squads', "favorites to go straight back up", etc.
    So, as a result, we're stuck with (comparatively) high wage earners who are bleeding any parachute money dry. And, unless we can get shot, the same will happen next year. After that...<yikes> <wah>

2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Likewise ocf and as much as I'll miss meeting up with others I only see when I go to footie, I can always pop down the queen of Iceni occasionally before a game.
    Let's hope a reasonable number/majority don't renew before the first deadline as has happened in previous seasons, but it seems NOTHING will make this board react

toastehmonstah likes this.
  3. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

I doubt you'll be the only one.
    First deadline is Feb 11th, to get best price.
    So we have Wolves (H), Brum (A) Cardiff (A), Wigan (A) and Florist (H)
    before that happens and people feel obliged to decide.
    Given our recent away record, 4 points from those looks realistic, which out of the 15 available
    would be a pathetic return - and not sufficient induce people o get their wallets out! <yikes>

The other deadline dates are March 11th and May 7th.
    Be ironic if people renewed early - then found we were in league 1 next year, as the lady's clearly not for turning <grr>

JM Fan likes this.
  4. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

It's not just the cost or the malaise at the club Cromer. I've attended a game at CR every season since 1968 including times when I lived in Dorset, Cornwall, Kent and Bristol and have been a season ticket holder for 8 years. Work means that I miss most midweek games which isn't so bad in the PL as there are less midweek games but having to miss quite a few in the Championship is costly - I usually let my cousin go in my place gratis.

I also go to a lot of gigs and often get clashes (as in this Saturday) so will have to dip out on one or the other - with what is going on at CR it's the gigs that often will win (ie, this Saturday I'm going to a gig in Birmingham rather than go to the game) and so again, my cousin gets a freebie which I don't mind but it does question the viability of buying a season ticket for next year for, unless a miracle happens and all the teams above us all get deducted 30 points each, we will be plying our trade in the Championship again or even worse <yikes>

JM Fan likes this.
  5. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Sounds from all of that that a 'pick and choose'option would suit you far better.
    Unless your cousin is prepared to pay pro-rata and you share an S/T?
    Very rare to go to a gig or concert and leave disappointed - all too common lately at Carrow Road :(

6. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

There's my rationale Cromer - a good (great) time is virtually guaranteed at each gig I go to whereas I can't quite say the same about my visits to CR ......

7. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

We need a bit of mutual consent in the news tomorrow morning...

8. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member