1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Walker to Chelsea for " up to £40m" <laugh>

1) he's English so that bumps up the price.
    2) John Stones cost £50m
    3) He is the best player in his position in the prem and one of the best in Europe.
    4) He is at the peak of his career
    5) He has 4 yrs and 3 months left on his contract
    6) Levy is our Chairman

Apart from that it's a sound estimate of a transfer fee.

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  2. Think they missed off the word 'deposit'...... <laugh>

remembercolinlee likes this.
  3. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

and : (non-refundable in the event the transaction does not complete)

4. 667 - The Neighbour of the Beast

You lads must be happy that Dele Alli appears to be suggesting that he won't be leaving the club in the Summer?

Apparently, he's told Sky that whilst he cannot guarantee where he will be that he cannot see many better clubs than Tottenham. Of course that could be a subtle way of saying that he'll only leave to go to somewhere like Real or Barca.

5. The RDBD

Already covered by : http://www.not606.com/threads/2017-18-transfer-thread-fact-and-fiction.343033/page-38#post-10548338

6. The RDBD

Pochettino Il WUMmo di tifosi Internazionale ...

8. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Most of the media said the same thing 12 months ago. Wilkins comes across as a decent chap most of the time, but does talk through his arse a fair bit.

9. He lost that tag some years ago and has been totally discredited both as a pundit and as a person! Over-hyped as a player (aka the Crab) and I always enjoy watching him muck up that sitter in the 2-0 game at WHL in 1975! (I don't harbour grudges for long...... lol)

The Changing Man likes this.
  10. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Since people were so happy to harp on about Dianne Abbot getting her sums wrong, shouldn't we be nailing the BBC's scrotum to the wall for this colossal ****up?

11. No mention of this 'error' being subject of retraction on BBC News today, despite this going viral. And certainly none of the airtime given to Abbots brain freeze.....
    Wonder why??

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Bog standard about a team with some good players who have achieved nothing yet. Liverpool have had this for years and their top player keeps getting linked to Barca despite having finished top 2 a couple of times recently (they even won the CL 12 years ago). Once you actually start winning stuff it will be harder to justify these kind of claims.

13. BBC Gossip have really done themselves proud today!!
    Not only regurgitating the Alves for Walker ****, but, wait for it.......claiming Barcelona are in for........ SISSOKO!!! <laugh>

PInch me, I'm dreaming!!!

remembercolinlee likes this.
  14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Walker, Rose and Dier to mid table United.

Can only be the money.

Ive decided who ever leaves regardless of reason is getting some verbal abuse coming their way. Will save the actual abuse for If and when.

Mercenaries.

15. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

HAIGs got a new job with the BBC

16. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Don't believe a word of it. There are a number of issues at play here.

Firstly, some journalists have no love for 'new look' Spurs. Our manager (and chairman) make a point of not playing to the media. Mauricio Pochettino gives them nothing and laughs at them as he does it. When 'Arry was manager, things were a bit more triffick. 'Arry would say that so-and-so was a "great player", "triffick family man" but he was at another club and he couldn't discuss him (having just done so.) New Spurs give no headlines or stories, the journo's hate it and just say anything they want. Kyle Walker apart, none of this comes up at press conferences.

Just as Real Madrid have Marca to do their dirty work, so United and Chelsea have journalists and newspapers that will run stories for them. The Kyle Walker to Chelsea story came from The Standard. The Sun will do anything for United.

Do United want those players? Yes, they do but nearly as much they want Spurs weakened. Mourinho doesn't fancy going toe to toe with Mauricio Pochettino as he has done so at Chelsea and Madrid and knows he is a considerable opponent and United can't keep winning the EL. Next season he needs Top 4 and he needs to weaken his opponents. Our financial position makes us first pick. Arsenal will be next as United bid for Sanchez and Ozil and Coutinho to Barcelona stories ramp up.

If Spurs turn down any bids and talk to the players about the career successes that moving there has brought to Pogba, Martial, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Depay, Di Maria...........then how we'll be renegotiating once we're in the new stadium and Mauricio Pochettino is staying and it's a World Cup year in 2018, this all goes away.

I'm sure that the trip to Hong Kong is going to remind the players what they are a part of. Mauricio Pochettino has come out and committed to the club's future in the new stadium. There's no chance of this coming to pass and I don't think anyone involved has any expectation that it will. Not Spurs, United, Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho or the journalist that wrote it.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  17. Sounds like a plan, Brian. Bloody hope you're right!!!

18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

What continues to amaze me is Walker and Rose being being Valued between £30 and £40 million.
    The Sun again quotes this figure.
    They are considered the best full backs in the league, are both in their prime, are both internationals, are both English (tends to push up the price) and both signed a new 5 year deal last September...how tgose fact equate to a figure significantly lower than the Scales to City transfer is beyond me.
    If Walker, Rose and Dier are all determined to leave and are telling or have told the club this then I guess the club either have to bankrupt itself to pay them more than we can afford, sell them or leave them on the bench for a year.
    Will be interesting to see how it all plays out...part of me wonders why they would possibly want to leave now other than money.

19. The RDBD

That is a beauty of being in the CL : the only remaining reasons
    are you believe you have more chance of winning silverware at
    your intended destination, or they are paying you more money.

20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

I won't believe Dier until I hear it from him. To leave Dele behind is just so unlikely.