1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hack Watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Well, here's hoping that today's goal will be the key that unlocks his potential.

It would be too perfect for him to suddenly go on a goal-fest, what with it being likely that Kane will be out for the rest of the season.

2. Let's hope it's not 'Harry Kane wins the 2016/17 Golden Protective Boot'......:emoticon-0107-sweat

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Looks like Stan Bollomore manages to talk complete ****e about us when talking about Everton, as he's suggested we should sign Lukaku in the summer.

Quick question Stan...which one of Kane or Lukaku should start games?

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The obvious suggestion would be for Arsenal to sign him. Hope they don't.

If any Everton player joins us in the summer, then I'd expect it to be Barkley.
    Still pretty young, English, has had issues with his manager but not stropped publicly and will only have a year left on his contract.
    We've been linked with him in the past and I expect those rumours to resurface, unless he signs a new deal.

5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I'm highly dubious of their ability to attract a player of his potential at this time.

1. They don't pay like Chelsea, where he has friends or either of the Manchester sides.
    2. One way or another things are going to be difficult at The Gooners next season. Stay or Go, Wenger's management is a problem for players and fans alike.
    3. They may well not have CL football, which is what he says he wants.
    4. He's a Chelsea boy.
    5. Lads, it's Arsenal.

6. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

7. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

8. deedub93

The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 17: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:[16]

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfills one of the following conditions:
    (a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    (b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    (c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
    (d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

— FIFA.com

9. humanbeingincroydon

Full caps, meaning that friendlies don't count - as Diego Costa happily exploited when deciding he was Spanish despite playing for the Brazil team in a couple of friendlies.

10. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

11. deedub93

Their picture in the article is of Harry Kane not Harry Winks, or at least it is when I click on it. They appear to have got their Harry's mixed up.

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I didn't even look at that, to be honest. No wonder I missed it! <laugh>
    It plays a clip about Kane's injury, so it probably just comes up for every Spurs article, to be fair to them.

13. deedub93

Where I am the IT Police ban Video clips. I just get a still of a picture of Harry Kane in an article on Harry Winks. Pretty sad journalism, surely they could have found a picture of Winks.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

Jason Cunny says it doesn't make a difference whether or not Harry Kane plays in our FA Cup semi, the Chavs are going to bulldoze us

If I can direct the court's attention to Exhibit A...

15. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

He's allowed an opinion. We put 5 past them a couple of years ago, still lost the League Cup final though. <yikes> I've turned into @remembercolinlee

16. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

There are worse things to turn into you cheeky mo fo!
    By the way the couple of years ago you mention...was 2002 ... 15 yrs ago ... how old do you feel? <laugh>

17. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

How old do you feel it was 2 years ago :emoticon-0128-hi:

18. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

And the 5 goal thrashing we gave them

maggie blanchflower likes this.
  19. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Bollocks... in my oldness thought you meant beating them 5-1 in the league cup semi but lost the final...so my mind is fuddled and I am remembering 2 lost final <wah>

20. deedub93

Congratulations to the Daily Mail.

Most of us are very quick to criticise the Fail but their campaign to free Sergent Alexander Blackman must be commended. He is not free yet, but the first step towards freedom has been acheived with the appeal court quashing his murder conviction for shooting a Tailiban terrorist in Afganistan.

Personally I can't understand why he cannot be released immediately pending a sentence review. It was interesting to listen to the Author Frederick Forsythe talking after the hearing saying how he intends to expose those who are really responsible, it should make interesting reading.

I do hope that once the truth comes out, he is reimbursed his lost salary, his pension rights restored and he receives significant compensation, at least along the lines of the alledged one million pounds that the recent british suicide bomber got on his release from Guantanamo. I doubt he will though, there appears to be one rule for terrorists and one rule for the good guys.

maggie blanchflower likes this.