1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Guns?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Jun 4, 2017.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

How many criminals have guns? probably not a massive proportion of criminals.

Now imagine if all criminals could have guns, then that will be brilliant.

Now imagine if the jihadists had guns, even more people would die

Or the kids who accidently get their hands on them

or the people who accidently shoot people

Realistically how many people actually would carry a weapon with them to to stop any "attacks".

No thanks to guns. I'd rather not turn into america. What next, people need semi automatic weapons to defend themselves with.

We have around 500 murders in the UK per year (well 2014 and 2015 stats), the states had 11,000 due to guns alone at an average of 3.4 people 100,000 people compared to UK's 0.75

If someone was going to rob you with a gun nowadays they will just go in as they probably think no one has a gun. If someone was going to rob you knowing everyone had guns, the robber probably shoot you first

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

^^^Good point^^^ Make guns more accessible and terrorists are jumping out of vans with guns instead of knives.

3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Stupid old **** you are ****ing obsessed. Please just die.

I know how to handle guns well and there is no way i want them in general population.

I know what they are capable of. So its a big no.

Dorset and Billy Death like this.
  4. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

you missed the point totally, stop the hierarchy being protected by guns and leave them to fend for themselves, like we have to do,then they will put in laws to protect the British people, pretty dam quick, and not just tell us to light candles and we stick together, i do not advocate letting the public have guns but the law on firearms must cover the privileged as well

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Sorry thought you were with tess and was arguing in favour for guns for everyone.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  6. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

I am not for that I just created the post for a discussion :emoticon-0148-yes:

BobbyD and Makemstine Roger like this.
  7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Sorry my bad, i think i saw one person being pro gun. Sorry to false accuse you :emoticon-0148-yes:

8. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

There is a very good reason that hand guns in particular are not easily obtained in this country, Dunblane.

Some others though, shotguns for instance can be obtained by most of the population that appear, more or less, sane and don't have a criminal record and can come up with a good reason.

Rather than allow more guns I'd like to see the rules on shotguns and air weapons tightened up along with the banning of replica weapons.

9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Yes mate Manchester and especially London are **** hot at handling stuff. But the rest....hope we dont have to find out, but think we will. Soon

10. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

no

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Why the **** are they cutting police numbers?

Its madness.

12. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

Absolutely no firkin way

13. Makemstine Roger

dont agree if young people learn how to handle and shoot guns especially air weapons , then in the event of a war they know the basics and will be quicker to train. i was brought up with guns all my life and on joining the forces , i excelled with weapons and went very far, the way the world is today i think its safer to teach from a club than an outright ban, besides its against our constitution to totally ban firearms.

14. polyphemus

The days when a majority of the male population served for a time in the Services is long gone.

So while the experience suited you, you would be part of a small majority today.
    Add to this the fact that the Armed Forces, and the Security Services are quite capable of training their recruits quickly and, in my admittedly limited experience, efficiently.

And while your point is valid enough as far as you personally are concerned, no doubt potential criminals and terrorist also learn how to get the feel for guns in just the same way as potential guardians of the state.

We would all be safer if the maximum effort was made to ensure that all guns including Air weapons and Replicas, were kept, as far as possible, under the control of The State.

15. Makemstine Roger

but the criminals will and do still get them, which defeats the object of the ban

16. polyphemus

That, unfortunately is very true.

But it's no reason not to make the maximum effort to reduce the number of guns in circulation.

In The USofA the NRA claims with monotonous regularity that guns don't kill people, it's people that do that.
    Take their guns away and some will still kill, but it will be a much more difficult task.

For a start I wonder how criminals and potential terrorists, would feel about guns if illegal possession carried an automatic life sentence.

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Lots of countries have the right to bare arms but don't have the problems the USA does.

Makemstine Roger likes this.