1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Guns?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Jun 4, 2017.

1. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

We have armed response units which is fine..We do not want to go down the USA route which sees many thousands being shot dead every year.

Deleted likes this.
  2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

This worries me. At the moment the mad mullahs are hitting London and Manchester. Where the armed response are **** hot.

Lets see what happens when they hit other places.

3. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Every city has them.. For example a few years back my mate who lives in Ryhope bought a toy gun for his son..he was playing with it in the street and one of the neighbours must have reported to the police that someone had a gun.. An armed police unit came hurtling onto the street and frightened the life out of the kid..

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Aye they may have them, guess we will soon see how they compare to the main 2. (who are superb)

MrRAWhite likes this.
  5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

sorry mate the only people with guns on the streets are criminals Joe public doesn't have them

6. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

60% Of murders in the USA are by guns, in the UK it is 10%

7. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I can picture it now, Comm with a gun and sitting down explaining to me how they work !!!!!!

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

I thought it would have already happened by now, tbh.

Apparently there's a video circulating now of some scouse bloke with a grenade pinned to his chest and he's waving a sword about saying he's going to attack Muslims and a mosque.

9. Deleted #

This worries me about Durham. Where the area is vast. They'd do a lot of damage if they hit somewhere like here.

10. Makemstine Roger

ILLEGAL ARMS TRADE STILL A MAJOR PROBLEM IN NETHERLANDS: REPORT
    By Janene Pieters on June 2, 2017 - 09:41
    Attorneys General. Large numbers of heavy firearms remain in circulation and are increasingly used by criminals, the report states, according to nOS.

The police are concerned about the increasing use of semi- and automatic firearms, such as Kalashnikovs and scorpions, in not only assassinations, but in other crimes as well. Recently criminals threatened local residents with a machine gun during an ATM bombing, a coffeeshop was targeted in a drive-by shooting and automatic firearms were used in a jewelry store robbery, according to the report. With this the risk to citizens and police officers increases.

A significant proportion of the illegal firearms in the Netherlands come from the Balkans, the report states. Open borders make it easy to smuggle these weapons into other countries. And according to the police, there is little view on the brokers who sell the weapons in the Netherlands.

Many guns also come from Slovakia, where disarmed firearms are sold as souvenirs. Criminals then re-arm the weapons. An estimated 10 thousand such weapons were sold from a single Slovakian store, 200 of which have been found in the Netherlands.

The so-called dark web is also a popular market place for illegal firearms. Guns are sometimes sent in the mail in parts, after which the criminals assemble them themselves. There is hardly any control on mail packages. Police chief Dick Schouten, responsible for tackling illegal firearms in the Netherlands, calls for "unambiguous European legislation" on firearms trade. This spring the European Parliament agreed to new guidelines, but weapons can still be sold in many countries, he said to NOS.
    please log in to view this image

11. Deleted #

Thank **** we are an island and with largely responsible criminals when it comes to dealing in guns.

Guns are extremely hard to get in this country, or this region, anyway. I've known a couple of people who have gone off trying to get one and have come back empty handed. My opinion is that people will not sell a gun to somebody they don't know or if they think it's going into the wrong hands.

I'm surprised that Schipol hasn't been hit yet. They'll go after it one day. There's more and more gangs strolling around Amsterdam now as soon as it starts getting dark. Moroccans usually and they are edgy as ****. Don't trust them.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  12. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Nah! If I had a gun I would have shot somebody by now. Or maybe myself.

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Well yeah... not sure what your point is?

I haven't said otherwise, but it would change if they were freely available.

14. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Guns are complete no-no for the reasons stated previously, but I'd be in favour of the cops having them if this terrorist ****e continues. But comm struck a nerve with what he said. I live in Caterham and we have a carnival every year which lasts about a month, with different events going on every weekend. Sunday was the street party and the only thing stopping a lorry or a van tanking through everybody was a plastic barrier with a diversion sign on it. Frightening...

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. Makemstine Roger

joe public cant get guns, criminals can, you cant protect yourself against someone with a gun, even the armed police cant get there in time.how do you protect against armed criminals or radicals, However politicians have armed protection,if you are rich normally you can get a gun licence. it seems like one law for the rich and famous, and another for Joe Public. solution stop armed protection for the privileged few and famous then watch the laws change rapidly for the benefit of all

16. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

The law that guns aren't allowed benefits us all. We don't have mass killings the way countries with guns do. That's a handy benefit.

Montysoptician likes this.
  17. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Not a great stat to prove a point though - if 10% of 5000 murders are with guns, there are still 5000 murders!

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  18. Makemstine Roger

but guns are allowed, just not for commoners, ever tried getting a gun licence?. all of the top echelon of people have guns or are protected by people with them. stop it one law for everyone, if you are banning guns only allow police and armed forces, and disarm the body guards,only then will you see the changes need to benefit all society.

19. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

The way it is is working. Guns aren't a problem in the UK. Let's keep them not being a problem. Who gives a **** if the people protecting the queen or whatever are carrying, they're so far removed from real life that they matter not a jot.

Montysoptician likes this.
  20. Makemstine Roger

If the prime minister and the cabinet were left unprotected ,like the rest of us, then they would implement laws that affect all of us, whilst they are protected they can take a moral high ground and tell us to be calm. once a cabinet minister is stabbed,run over, or attacked, laws will change the following day for the benefit of all.