1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guillem Balague

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Disco down under, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Pretty sure most of you will know who he is but for those who don't he's a Spanish reporter to does a lot of La Liga reporting for Sky Sports. I'm not altogether sure what the general consensus is on him but I can't stand him. He comes out with "Behind the scenes"/"In the know" statements which at times seems completely radical, sensationalist ****.

United are about to sign Griezmann, Ramos, Morata, Ronaldo to return to Manchester, Isco to Spurs/Arsenal, De Gea to United, Messi to City bla bla bla.

He states bullshit as fact and then never prints retractions once he's proven as wrong. I think he's crooked. I think he's a mouthpiece for bullshitting, shady agents. I think he colludes with them to get their players better deals in places other than where he's reporting.

I was curious to see how much he'd said about Neymar to PSG, how in the know he claims to be... **** all. Nothing on the sky sports website, nowt anywhere else, just a few lousy tweets that quote other news outlet's reporting.

This guy is an absolute conman; he's absolutely cheating a living. Does anyone actually have any time for him? I imagine @Tel can't stand him what with him printing that United players should move to Madrid/Barca on a regular basis.

Thoughts?

Nacho and Tel (they/them) like this.
  2. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Well said, Disco. He's a **** and a charlatan. I switch off as soon as he opens his gob.

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I've said many times that he's just a walking river of ****.

He's been saying for years that the De Gea deal is 'done'.

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was taking money from agents to get them more cash, anything where such large amounts of money change hands will attract people willing to do anything for a slice of it.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He was decent when he first appeared on Sky, but now punts at the sensational in the hope one sticks.

For the record Disco, 2 weeks ago, live on Sky he said 'Barca aren't even thinking about Neymar leaving as there is no possibility he will go to PSG'.

Daft ****. As Tel said, it was the De Gea thing, over 3 windows, that switched me from having an interest in him to thinking 'useless gobshite'.

Disco down under likes this.
  6. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I tend to turn the channel over when hes on talking.

1. Cos Im not interested in Spanish footy anymore.
    2. Cos he jabbers on and I cant be arsed to listen to him.

Once or twice I do pick up on some of his 'in the knows' and I even me, with my limited knowledge of world football, thinks 'I cant see that happening'

7. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

He'll be back on the Bale to United story before the week's out.

8. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I've never heard of this bloke.

9. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Think everyone has worked him out by now.

Full of ****.

10. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Should I close this thread? <laugh>

There seems to be a general consensus that he is just full of ****! (I'll back that point too) - as tel says - De Gea signed for Real Madrid 2 seasons ago!!

11. adz_safc

adz_safc Active Member

Agreed 100%. When he was bit of an unknown pundit only he was really good, he still is actually when as a pundit but as a Sky Sports News journalist or whatever they are he's Barry White.

As for not retracting wrong stories I don't know any media outlet that does but Sky are definitely the worst at it. I was reading this morning we'd have news on Klitschko V Joshua next week, I look at the news 2 hours later and he's retired!!

It's not a Balague thing, as mentioned I like him in his original role but I absolutely detest Sky and how they go about presenting news with Sky Sports being the worst of the lot.

Nads likes this.
  12. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

As far as I can see he just follows the general trend of SSN. They havn't had an 'exclusive' for about 5 years and go off the same websites and gossip ****e etc as we do for any transfer news.

13. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

That SSN transfer algorithm...ffs, what an annoying crock of self-promoting bollocks that is.

adz_safc likes this.
  14. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Neymar would have come here but the presence of such quality meant he would be in the reserves and his wages would have been a tad to big.

15. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Where have you read that, that's good news.

16. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a french disease.<laugh>