1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guidolin/ Bradley - The Inside Track

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kifflom!, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Those of you who are familiar with my posts know that I'm critical of posters who formulate their opinions on the Club, on Board members, on players and managers based on unsubstantiated rumour and media claptrap. It's human nature and I understand why that happens. But here's something that I found out yesterday that comes from an impeccable source and you can either believe it or not, up to you.

I can't give you too much detail here to protect the source but I had to take a trip to London yesterday with my son and we were chatting about all things Swans as we drove up. He is a health professional and treats one of the staff at the Club who works behind the scenes - to be clear, it's not someone working in the Club Shop but someone who works alongside the Management on almost a daily basis. Here's something on what has been revealed over the past couple of weeks. I've no idea if this is true but this is what the guy said:

Guidolin: Very much a gentleman, and the players liked him very much. However, his English was so poor players had trouble communicating with him and quite often they were unsure of their specific roles during games. One factor that surprised the existing staff and the players alike is that he is a chain smoker and constantly smoked during training sessions which he often insisted started later in the morning because he wanted a lie in. Curt wasn't impressed, apparently. All in all, a lovely man but a bit different to your archetypal modern manager.

Bradley: Everyone loves the guy. A typical 'can-do' attitude and has given everyone a lift, especially the players who have really taken to him. In areas that he's unfamiliar with he's eager to learn and his team talks have been overwhelmingly positive and he's highly respectful of the staff already in place. The reaction to him so far has been very good indeed and he definitely knows what he's doing.

After speaking to the source my son's attitude towards Bradley has completely switched 180 degrees so let's hope that what he was told is true (I've no reason to suspect it's not) and the team and its new Manager show what they can do in the coming months. <ok>

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

It makes interesting reading, I am starting to think that maybe Bradley will do ok, but talk is cheap and I will wait and see what he does with our team, I have a feeling just the lift in the players will be a good thing. We all hope he succeeds and am looking forward to see what style he plays and how we set up, overall though it is the results that he will be judged on.

3. Kifflom!

I couldn't agree more. It's all very well giving everyone a lift but will they respond? We'll see.<ok>

4. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

You have to admit Guido didn't look a well man. If the chain smoking is correct then you could have seen him having a few bouts of illness when the winter set in.
    I don't know why but I get the feeling that Curt and Bradley will strike up a good relationship.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Did I think his appointment was terrible? Yes. Do I still think this? Not so much now.

Every interview he's done he comes across very well ie strong, confident, assertive and determined to succeed.

The vibes/soundbites coming out of the club sound good.

Time will tell.

Stumpy, Taffvalerowdy and Kifflom! like this.
  6. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

I was quite impressed with his interview too. As Valley says: strong, confident and assertive. He reminds me of a US Marines sergeant major or whatever the equivalent is. If you're told to do something, you say "Sir yes Sir".

But can he win Premier League football matches?

7. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

8. Kifflom!

Game set and match! <laugh>

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I hope that Bradley pays no attention to Taylor's ramblings, and he keeps the nugget on the bench, he cost Wales 2 points!....................<ok>

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Whats the difference between " Unsubstantiated rumours "and " I cant give to much detail here to protect the source " .....

11. Kifflom!

Most posters who are not looking to pick fights all the time seem interested, Roof, but there you go. Just thought I'd share some information from a good source. Although I doubt the forum is watched I'm not going to endanger the man's job for you nor anyone else here. Believe it or believe it not.

But I'd have to be pretty sad to make it up. As would my son. Or maybe his patient is. Maybe he's a window cleaner who steals signed shirts from the Club to give to my son. Who knows?

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  12. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

There's bound to be a spike in moral simply because of the change.

All Bradley has to do over the next month or so is get the confidence flowing through the squad again and reignite a passion to wear the shirt (and not pick Taylor). He should be able to do this with his innate American 'can do' attitude.

While he's stoking the fires he can leave the coaching up to Curt.

Kifflom! likes this.
  13. Kifflom!

I agree, Stumpy. New broom sweeps clean and all that. I do get the impression he's a hands-on kind of guy though, based on what I've seen and heard from him so far.

14. seabreeze

So you never answered the question , Whats the difference ? Your rumours are looked upon differently than others ...

15. Kifflom!

Apples and oranges. The 'rumours' are neither mine nor are they 'rumours'. It's just some inside info I thought others would like to hear about - with the caveat that posters can choose to accept it or not. Most seem to have appreciated me sharing it but I guess there's always going to be people who don't.

It's not something that's been heard down the pub; it's not something that's been read in some rag or a dubious online source. It's something that I thought was worth sharing because of the nature of the source. maybe that's why it's "looked upon differently" than others.

If you choose not to believe it that's fine. <ok>

16. seabreeze

Well anyone can choose to believe whoever's rumours .
    I thought you just dabbled hindsight criticism , but it turns out you dabble in being a hypocritical critic too ..
    All rumours are rumours , when I read what you said about other's rumours and then spewed your own ....well it was good for a laugh .

17. Kifflom!

Not 'spewing', just sharing. No nastiness, just good-humoured stuff. Compare that with your rather bilious, petty response. No need for it really. But if you want a fight I'll give you one - particularly if you are implying that either me or my son are liars.

You have a nice day now. <ok>

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  18. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Rumours are just what it says on the label and neither fact or fiction but something that someone has been told or heard.......If you want to hear rumours then look no further than Twitter as you will see hundreds every day. If you repeat these rumours on here then you are not the bad guy you are just repeating what you have seen or been told and in no way saying the rumour is fact or fiction.....you are the one that decides whether you believe the rumour or not...

19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Kiff has shared some info with us through his son, whom he considers a more than reliable source.

I don't see what the issue is with that.

Kifflom! and swanseaandproud like this.
  20. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.