1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guedioura

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Feb 1, 2017.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

A time of endings in so many ways.....................

2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

¡¡He was a big part of that season at the end of the Champ to really push on and get us promotion!! <applause>

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  3. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

His problem was that we was a very, very good Championship player who played a big part in our promotion, but was an average Premiership player who was not really rated by our last two managers
    I hope he does well at Middlesborough

bragantino likes this.
  4. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Missed this, duggie. I was never sure about his inability! He was a bit like Ighalo this year to me. An enigma. I was such a fan, as you say, of him in the Championship, he gave us steel and midfield nous when we really needed it. But he faltered recently. Was it the level of football? I'm not so sure. If it was that would an astute manager like Karanka have gone for him? Confidence? More likely, I think. Then I wonder why. Are there now too many big guns in the middle at Watford? It's an interesting one.

canary-dave likes this.
  5. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

I think it started with Florres, he didn't give him enough game time until the FA cup, then he scored goal of the season, and then the semi final where we let ourselves down again
    This year Mazzarri gave him a couple of starts but his worst ever performance was at Millwall in the cup
    Too many big guns in midfield?, probably not, just a case of the right combination (including Cleverly) in a settled team
    Image Preyera, Berhami, Capue and Cleverly in a midfield four, probably end up as a three unless we get the right combination of three at the back
    then Niang Deeaney and Success up front with Amrabrat and Matari to come on as subs
    Jo Hart in goal would be useful
    A couple of years ago that would be fantasy football
    Roberto Mancini is looking for a new Premiership club, just saying