1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

GRIEZMANN saying there is 6/10 chance he is joining UTD

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Shwan71, May 25, 2017.

1. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

ok so he is basically saying he will decide his future in the next 2 weeks but when asked which club is his destination, and particularly the presenter named UTD , he replied 6 out 10 chance he will join us? am sure part of his doubt is related to us playing in CL or not, so after winning last night, out chances have increased significantly
    yes I think GRIEZMANN is a top player, but we have too many central Attacking midfielders, I rather sign someone like lukaku. what do you think guys?

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Should have kept the various forwards thread open!!

Personally no, I don't really agree. I'd rather we didn't sign a No.9 as we have two in Rashford and a hopefully recovered Zlatan. One will develop while the other is in his likely final season playing a more peripheral role. Martial can also play centre forward.

If this happens then we need a goal scoring 'No.10' (or whatever we want to refer to him as) as none of the current incumbents score anywhere near enough. Do Lingard, Martial, Mhky, Mata or Young contribute enough goals? Apart from Mata, no they don't so we need to buy in that department in my opinion.

Shwan71 likes this.
  3. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

totally agree and given his price tag is crazy money
    but yes we need goals and tbh
    I think Zlatan is out till 2018, so definitely we will need a striker

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

All this talk of signing him yet At Madrid have a transfer embargo - nothing in or out unless their appeal succeeds, I think there is more of a certainty in his mind that he wants to come (subject to us being in the CL) - the doubt is more to do with whether he is allowed to join us.

Shwan71 likes this.
  5. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

hmm I think the ban apply on registering new players only not selling them ..and again why Gea and Morata and even Rodríguez are this summer hot summer deal too despite Real under same embargo threat ?

6. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mata also plays more in CM nowadays. If we are signing a holding midfielder like Dier or Nainggolan then most likely it will be two of Pogba, Herrera and Mata in front of them in a three next season. So space for Griezmann to play in the front three as a replacement for Rooney. Better that than a rigid number 9, who won't be able to interchange with players like Martial and Rashford the way Griezmann would.

They can't sign anyone, but can't stop anyone leaving - FIFA couldn't ban players from leaving without violating the rights of the players.

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Everyone keeps forgetting Wilson, if he is fully recovered he will be a very good kid to have around, just as fast as Rashford and a more clinical finisher at the moment.

9. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Griezmann is a very good player, but I'm not convinced that spending the money on him is the right thing to do. I think with Rashford being so good at such a young age, that he can develop to the level of Griezmann if he is given the opportunity. For a player of 19 I already think Rashford is exceptional.

I don't actually think we need to spend fortunes in general, as I think we have a lot of very good young players who are growing in confidence. If we keep Zlatan, then we still have him and Rashford, with Martial able to play there and Wilson too if needed.

I think if we are going to spend mega money then we should go after a central midfield player. I'm not fully sure who we should go after, as I don't know who's available, but I think we need someone to go alongside Pogba and Herrera in midfield.

I think there is a shortage of quality central midfield players around these days, and the ones that are play for the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich so would be very difficult to get.

If Madrid want De Gea so badly, we should demand Modric in return <laugh>

10. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

One thing is certain. We need someone, a 9 or 10, who can convert the chances created. Zlatan scored most of our goals and I am now convinced looking back that given the chances the midfield creates he should have scored even more. But he is 35 and injured. we need someone who can score the goals. Martial and Rashford are not yet the finished article and both have been played in the flanks on many occasions.

Too many big players have come to OT and underperformed for whatever reasons. So far JM 's buys have been good. Griezman could be the missing piece but at THAT price and that much pressure i am not sure.

11. glazerfodder

12. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Antoine Griezmann extends Atletico Madrid deal <laugh><laugh><laugh>

13. glazerfodder

Had they managed to lift the ban he would have signed for us - now he can't go anywhere he has decided they must pay more for his services. He'll be off in the next window - if not to us, someone else, but he will be off.

14. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Yeah I still think he will be gone next year, signed a new deal for a pay rise because hes staying

15. King Shergar

Il be happier with Morata anyways. As I feel he suits our system better. Griezmann is not the lone striker or goal poacher that we require to fill Ibras position. Griezmann is more suited to playing as a 2nd striker, as he's to weak and small to play upfront on his own.

16. glazerfodder

His new deal puts Greezymann on £230k a week - but he has insisted on the same £88m buyout clause.

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

[QUOTE="King Shergar, post: 10641761, member: 1008243"]Il be happier with Morata anyways. As I feel he suits our system better. Griezmann is not the lone striker or goal poacher that we require to fill Ibras position. Griezmann is more suited to playing as a 2nd striker, as he's to weak and small to play upfront on his own.[/QUOTE]

Of course you will, now Griezmann's staying put <whistle>

18. King Shergar

Of course you will, now Griezmann's staying put <whistle>[/QUOTE]

I've said that all along about Griezmann, back in January I had plenty of debates with people on here about Griezmann, and I've always maintained he is not a lone striker, and will never be suited to playing that role.

It's not a case of me saying Morata is a better player, it's a case of him fitting into our current system better than Griezmann would.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We don't necessarily need a lone striker, we just need more goals. If it came from Griezmann's position then that would be perfect acceptable, Rashford could have played at No.9.
    As it goes Morata does play at centre forward so he'll more than do. As would Ronnie of course.

Forgot all about Griezmann, if he's not arsed about coming why should we be?

20. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I've said that all along about Griezmann, back in January I had plenty of debates with people on here about Griezmann, and I've always maintained he is not a lone striker, and will never be suited to playing that role.

It's not a case of me saying Morata is a better player, it's a case of him fitting into our current system better than Griezmann would.[/QUOTE]

OK <ok>