1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Great performance today

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by frogman27, Apr 3, 2011.

1. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Watched the game on T.V and I thought that we applied ourselves really well. As expected Blackpool came out of the blocks steaming but we dealt with their limited chances and imposed ourselves all over the park.

I was really impressed with Etuhu. He was marshalling the centre of the park like a man possessed. Everytime a Blackpool player got on the ball he shut them out. He has learnt to use his body and strength so well, anticipating tackles before the oppo. Dembele was as cool as ever and BZ created space for him allowing him to attempt a few efforts.

Bobby was on fire. When he gets a clear chance on goal you know he is going to work the keeper. His header was well worked as well, made a run into the area and read the free kick superbly.

Defensively we looked solid, Salcido looked good and Bairdinho has cemented himself at rightback.

I know Blackpool did not create too many chances but we were so dominant there was only going to be 1 result. One more win and we will be playing in the premiership next season, should be a straight forward one against then United then !!

COYW
    <cheers>

2. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

So happy with that win. Was very nervous going into it as it was a "6 pointer" (Don't worry, I hate the phrase too!) but Bobby's first goal calmed me so much. Quality finish. Baird was terrific, as was Salcido. Hangeland looked a bit shaky for the second game in a row. Hopefully next week he is back to his normal self. Hopefully Aaron Hughes isn't too badly hurt and can play next week. He did land badly.

Etuhu was a beast and my man of the match. Broke everything up so well. I feel bad because I wanted Sidwell to start over him. Shows you how much I know! Dempsey looked a little tired. And Zamora and Dembele look like they are going to form the partnership that was expected from Johnson-Zamora. Dembele is so slick on the ball.

Onwards and upwards. (Btw joined from 606, glad to see the regulars here!) :D

3. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

Btw I think Salcido makes more sense with Zamora to knock things on. Salcido now has more to aim for. Some of his long passes were fantastic today.

4. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I watched the game also and was mightily impressed with what I saw. I had predicted a 3-1 victory for us so I wasn't too far off. It was so refreshing to see Zamora back starting, he could be the difference to where we finish this year. I don't think he should have been taken off so soon as he was on a hat trick but I understand Hughes not wanting to risk him getting injured again. I didn't feel AJ did an awful lot when he came on, the guy can't work with Dembele, who seems to think he's the only player on the pitch at times. He is so skillful but you just want to grab him by the throat and shout PASS THE BALL.

Etuhu gave a much improved performance in midfield. He wasn't great against Everton but was superb today. Sidwell may have a challenge on his hands to get back in the team based on this performance.

5. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Spot-on Froggy - Fortunately I was able to go (Despite Sky's rescheduling)- There was only one team in it, and we had had Bobby back from the start, with two suburbly taken goals. Dembele often looks good, but today was far more effective.
    Have to agree with FFC4L about Salcido. The other 3 defenders did their job.
    COYW

6. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd pop in to say what an excellent performance FFC served up today, watched game on PC, no chance you'll be relegated although your opponents today are in the brown stuff..

7. rocky57

rocky57 Member

3-0 says it all of course, but being at the game I felt the score flattered us. Blackpool are a neat passing side and delivered some excellent crosses that may have resulted in a closer game; a bit lightweight in the tackle which Dickson took advantage of especially. BZ terrific until he limped off (hope nothing serious), and a bit concerned about Hughes' injury.

Baird was great today as well as Brede as per normal. Dempsey looked sluggish and out of the zone - the recent international break had taken its toll. Talking of which, I'd prefer JP (who looked sharp enough on Tuesday) on the right and Baird on the left. Dembele is frustrating - such a good dribbler but not enough end product.

8. tigercity

what do u lot make of the Michael Jackson statue?

9. rocky57

rocky57 Member

All I can say tigercity is what's it to do with us?

10. tigercity

well rocky, it's your stadium.. surely you'd have preferred a great player like Johnny Haynes or Jimmy Bullard?

11. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Yes, we would prefer a statue to Johnny Haynes. That's why we've got one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Haynes

To be honest, I'm getting fed up of all the statue talk, but I suspect this is going to haunt us for some time to come. Ho hum.

12. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Ah, an agent provocateur tiger boy. Now I know where a lifesize statue of Jimmy Bullard might just go...

13. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

The big question is, should the Bullard statue have him in his lying down pose as if he were on a treatment table or him rubbing his hands together at the thought of another 35k a week?