1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grayson getting tough!!!

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Spanish white, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

That could be the case Marko - I bet this has dented Kasper's ego. The way he always comes across in interviews/twitter is really bigheaded so for Grayson to say that we were going to try sign a keeper anyway and to get better in and improve, will probably really offend him.

2. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

If that is what happens it's a truly fantastic move by Grayson.

3. salonika73

salonika73 New Member

Simon just said on Leeds website that he HAS got someone else lined up and, to rub it in , he don't think Schmeichel is good enough!! Brave or Stupid?! Only time will tell!!!

4. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Pretty much. The only worry is that we won't replace him adequately, but there's no point in whining about that yet like the eternal pessimist brigade have started to.

And for his faults, Grayson does know how to handle players well. Dealt with potentially explosive situations in Beckford, Kandol, Gradel, Johnson and Kilkenny and managed to motivate them all. Same happening now with Schmeichel if he does dig his heels in and choose to stay (which I'm sure we all know he won't).

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Westwood would be a cracking signing for you guys, but can you really see it happening? Are you really that much more of an attractive proposition, if you are at all?

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Chortle, I would sooooo larf if it turned out to be Jason Brown. <laugh>

7. side_before_self

most likely we will sign a goalkeeper that no one has mentioned and we will be split in our opinion off him

8. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

I just can&#8217;t see Westwood happening, unless its Tim Westwood. It is well known that Sven approached him to be our No. 1 and would have got ridiculous wages (we are fortunate to have the finances currently), and to be part of our push for promotion. Now promotion cannot be guaranteed obviously but the bookies do make us 2nd favourites to win the league outright which I certainly think would be persuasive. However it appeared that he did not want to sign our package but move up to the PL.

Also remember the Celtic made an inquiry as well, but they appear to have got the snub. This has resulted in Celtic following us on the Kasper bandwagon and may yet put a spanner in the works with that deal.

I just can&#8217;t see how Leeds could offer Westwood any package more attractive than what LCFC and Celtic had offered him. I&#8217;m my opinion he seems determined to get to the PL. But I&#8217;m more than happy to stand corrected and you do get him, then that would be the transfer of the season!

9. Somerset_Scouse

Brad Jones is gunna be your new no1

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That would be funny, he's completely ****ing useless.

11. Somerset_Scouse

originallambrettaman

Haha i no! get him off our books please!!!

12. lifecheshirewhite

=============================================

Boro one of favs at bookies last season,money not everything and as kasper seems to think,Leicester a step down. <ok>

13. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

We already have Snodgrass and Gradel replacements at the club, Nunez and Sam, Monday morning i would of said we would not have sold any of our crown jewels, what do i know. I hope they don't go, only Grayson knows whats going on. Westwood isnt a free agent until the end of the mth, i wait with bated breath.

14. lifecheshirewhite

==============================================================
    I take it your using the term player loosely mighty.was he from pound stretcher or worse Charlton.:emoticon-0116-evilg

15. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

<cheers>chesh
    dont care where he is from if K.J. says he is good enough then he is good enough <ok>