1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grant Hall

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by bunmahon_ranger, Apr 25, 2017.

1. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Saw this stat on twitter and thought I'd share - trying to find some positives for the season and I think Hall is one of them...any news on him returning for forest game?

QPR999 likes this.
  2. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Looks like we have to score 2 goals a game to win with or without him!

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Regardless of the stats ( as good as they appear ) he has been our best centre back. I was hoping that he would've made a good pairing with Caulker as they had played together through the ranks at Spurs. That's for whatever reason never going to happen but he would've learnt a lot playing alongside Clint Hill rather than the current two incumbents ( Onuoha & Lynch. )

I really don't get the playing him in this false midfield position either. Play him in his best position. It's not rocket science.

Hall is out injured with tendonitis, I don't know how long that will keep him out for or whether he will be fit for Saturday.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I like him in midfield but he's needed more in defence.

Personally I'd cash in on Smithies if we can and invest in a CB and proper DM who will sit behind two of Manning/Luongo/Freeman.

5. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I've liked the look of him on many occasions in midfield but I don't like that weird tactic when we have 5 at the back whenever not in possession. It seemed a bit overkill, watching Hall go into the back five as soon as the keeper scooped it up or when the opposition defenders and passing back and forth to each other right at the back. He should have marked players and kept position in the middle, thus preventing us being dominated there.