1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gotta Love the Guy!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Nov 18, 2016.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-dressed-up-like-santa-12193980

Klopp - I dressed up like Santa when I needed a drink

Jurgen Klopp has revealed how he once donned a Father Christmas mask in order to enjoy a night out unhindered – but still ended up making headlines.
    The Liverpool boss was talking about the scrutiny players and managers are subjected to in the modern era after photographs surfaced of Wayne Rooney drinking into the early hours when he was on international duty last weekend.
    Klopp recalled how when he was in charge of German club Mainz, who were struggling at the time, he was convinced to head into the city for a few drinks during the winter break.

“I had a story with myself when we had 11 points and we were last in the Bundesliga table,” Klopp said.
    “We had a Christmas break and friends of ours wanted to have a party in the city.
    “Nobody saw me because I had a mask. It was Santa Claus.
    “I didn’t feel too good, but I needed a little bit of help and I went out. I did it.
    “Then at the end there was one point when you are a little bit drunk, so I lifted the mask and then the next thing there is a picture.
    “The next day (German newspaper) Bild said: ‘That’s how Klopp celebrates being 18th’. It is not actually like I celebrated but it was the picture. This happens and you go on.”

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  2. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Love him. Give that man a beer. <cheers>

please log in to view this image

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Fair play to that man <applause>

He knows that all people are only human and need/deserve a break sometimes.

#realist

johnsonsbaby and luvgonzo like this.
  4. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Weird how players are only allowed to go out and have a good time if they've just won.

5. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

It's celebrity. It creates a public personality separate from the actual individual. We build the public personality up and forget there is a normal person behind it. Premier league footballers now are media creations, video game characters, part of the narrative...

6. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Given what the media had already built Rooney into being, and in that department he hasn't helped himself, i'm surprised about the amount of shock over this latest incident with the previous forays into prostitutes, fags, drinking, McDonalds

7. astro

astro Well-Known Member

He's now useless as a footballer, useless as a Man Utd captain, and useless as an England captain, so the sharks are circling for one final story about him blowing up