1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goss was awful

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

apologies as many will obviously disagree. One 30 yard pass the rest very very pedestrian. I will make allowances for his age etc but the booing was laughable. Freeman and Manning please on Tuesday and Yeni in for Mackie.

2. bc7

bc7 Active Member

Yep, obviously not good enough to ever wear the hoops again, I mean it's not like we've not given him enough chances!

Ninj, seagullhoop, BlindFaith and 5 others like this.
  3. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Tell me he wasn't booed? He's had a 10 min sub appearance and yesterday and that's all. If there are c*nts booing him already then I give up. He's not played a full adult professional game in his life, it's going to take a while. Absolute f*cking joke if the knuckle draggers in our fanbase are on his back already.

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He's played hardly any senior football has he? It's a big step up from meaningless youth team games in intensity if not quality.

I wasn't there- I was at the car crash Watford v Southampton game as it happens- but it sounds like the whole midfield struggled without Bernard Manning.

5. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Give him time and he'll be ok......
    Same has (hopefully) happened with Connor Washington, playing in the right position with the right partner...he seems to coming on fine.

There was no booing from the Paddock.

6. Adw2308

Adw2308 Member

I thought he did ok, dropped deep to take the ball and tried to pass it around, given time I'm sure he will improve, difficult when luongo was giving very little support.

7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Don't think I heard any booing towards him, maybe s grown or two after some misplaced pass's but no ones perfect so give him time.

8. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

I thought the booing was for the decision to take him off, not aimed as Goss.

This is the only thread on any board that I've seen that has the OP's view. A lot have said that prior to Yeni he was our best player. Without doubt Jamie Mackie should have been the first player to be substituted yesterday.

9. jeffranger

I think your right there terry, it was for the substitution & agree mackie should have gone & was dire apart from the pass to the goal.

10. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Goss was not awful, Goss was OK yesterday, not outstanding be definately OK, and like Luongo (and Mackie actually) ....all worked their socks off. He was certainly better than Mackie...but Goss and Luongo shared similar faults...breaking up play and harrying were good, decisive ball forward....not so good....but it will comefor Goss.

Did anyone notice a throw away line from Ollie....that Luongo was the right player for Goss to start with. That is why Manning didn't play yesterday.....Goss had to play with an older/wiser player ie Luongo....Ollie could not risk two youngsters in midfield (that is for next season). It was a good start for a youngster....and I keep say this, and an inspired substitution from Ollie

NorwayRanger, bc7 and KooPeeArr like this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Goss was okay yesterday and made some tidy passes. The booing was from the disbelief of him going off before Mackie or Luongo who didn't have the best of games. The boy will come good and Scholes highly rates him. How people can make an instant judgement on his first game is wide of the mark but I guess that's what we have become as fans. I remember a Les Ferdinand having a bad start and being shipped out on loan. I also remember a Paul Furlong and a Charlie Austin having bad starts to their career at QPR. I could go on but you get the point.
    Give the lad a break, it was his first game FFS. <doh>

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

So you're saying we should loan Goss to Besiktas. I like it.

ELLERS likes this.
  13. jeffranger

Heard manning had taken a knock in training hence he wasn't risked.

14. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Up until the substitutions our midfield trio were universally awful so I see no point in picking on Goss. For once Mackie looked well off the pace and had one of those games where nothing he tried came off. Luongo was same old same old: lots of industrious looking running but no effective involvement particularly in linking up defence and attack. This is why when he plays the ball spends a lot of time going sideways or backwards. In among this Goss was innocuous, verging on invisible, but coming from an attacking coaching system was probably wondering why the ball was going in the wrong direction so much. Manning and Freeman must surely be shoe-ins for Tuesday and it would be an interesting choice if IH chose Goss to play alongside them.

15. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Can somebody please put a YouTube video together highlighting just how crap Goss is? :)

16. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Kept getting Goss and Hall confused!
    No booing from QPR blocks.
    Bit premature to make any pronouncements about this man.

17. Stan Dupp

The booing was because the fans wanted Goss to stay on for some unknown reason. Agree Luongo or Mackie could also have gone off 1st but to boo that decision was from people at a different game to me. There was a spelling the 1st half where Goss gave the ball away 5 times on the spin. Think he may be !uxury we can't afford. May sound harsh. But I would like to think I have seen enough football to be areasonable judge. In midfield we need pace / mobility which he clearly doesn't have.

18. Stan Dupp

Clive agrees he gave Goss 5/10

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

oh that's okay then. <doh>

20. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

If anyone thinks he is going to hit the ground running they must be off their trolly, IMO I think he will need the best part of a full season to really be effective.
    Taking into account his age & experience not forgetting he has been used to playing and training with top premier players that will allow you more time and will do more work off the ball than he would be used to in this league.