1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gooners make 5m double swoop...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Arsenal are looking to seal a double deal for Sunderland’s Swedish starlets Joel Asoro and Benjamin Mbunga-Kimpioka.The pair are regarded as two of Sunderland’s most promising players, and their progress has not gone unnoticed.

Eighteen-year-old forward Asoro, who joined from Brommapojkarna in 2015, made his first-team bow last season – and became Sunderland youngest ever Premier League player and indeed the youngster Swede ever to appear in the English top-flight.

Asoro casts doubt on future
    The Swedish Under-21 man has been tipped to be a first-team member next season, but he may not be seen in the red and white stripes again with a host of Premier League clubs ready to pounce.

Southampton, Everton and Liverpool are all looking at Asoro – but it is Arsenal who are in pole position, and they also want his fellow countryman Mbunga-Kimpioka.

Winger Mbunga-Kimpioka, who only turned 17 earlier this year, arrived from Swedish side Sirius last summer, and has also been tipped to make it into the Black Cats first-team in the next 12 months – but he could be sold before making an appearance.

Arsenal are ready to offer £5million for the pair, with Sunderland looking set to sell.

Asoro was asked about his future while on international duty this week.

He said: "It's not something you can decide now. We will have to see who the new manager is and whether or not they like me. If not, I will have to look for something. I have to develop and can't just play U23 football all the time."

2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I have no doubt we'll sell if they do make an offer.

If we have any sense we'll stick a percentage sell on clause.

3. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Which we dont.

clockstander likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Can't help but think that if they're good enough for Arsenal then they're worth more than 2.5 mil each.

5. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I've had a tip off Pickford is off to Arsenal.
    Odds have dropped from 8/1 to 2/1.
    Get yer dosh on.

Sunderlad likes this.
  6. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

I’d keep them and use some of the bloody kids!!!! This is partly why we’ve gotten ourselves into this much debt with the amount of crazy wages that we pay!!! At least they’ll put a shift in, imagine how despondent they’ll be watch the 1st playing half-arsed and they still cannot get a game.

clockstander likes this.
  7. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

We need to be selling the high earning failures - not these 2

red&white wanderer likes this.
  8. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

There's no way this can be a good idea! Asoro is exactly who you need to be keeping, if you're giving new contracts to the likes of O'Shea but letting young talent go then any hope of 'well maybe we can come back stronger once we've cut off the fat' goes out of the window.

Newcastle are ****e at bringing through youngsters, I was hoping you guys could at least lead the way on that up North.

Charley Farley likes this.
  9. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Should have sold asoro last summer when actual money was being mentioned.

10. adz_safc

adz_safc Active Member

Keep them and chuck the kids in with a few experienced heads, if the young lads perform really well then we'll flog them to the highest bidder at the end of the season otherwise we build a team slowly.

clockstander likes this.

11. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

**** idea selling these two. They can learn their trade in the Chump and then hopefully be worth a 1st team place in the Prem. Or did I dream it...?

12. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Crazy selling promising kids, just like Pickford but when your in the state we are in clubs circle like vultures looking for easy pickings.
    Keep them both now that we've eased our finances slightly by letting Jordan go. As said before get the big wage earners off the books not the kids.

clockstander likes this.