1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goodluck to the latics

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Sep 17, 2013.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

The very best of luck to latics when we play against sportvereniging zulte waregem to give them there full title and who play west of Flanders. And if we play like we no we can and not like we did against Leicester with a very dodgy penalty and a very dodgy ref so come on lads do us proud.

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Bit dissapointed about the performance tonight to be honest, but we defended brilliantly against a good team and good to get our first point on the board :)

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye your right Tom and even though we did't score we did ourselves proud against like you say a good team but with Ipswich town coming up on Sunday lets hope we can start to get more goals in the onion bag god knows we need to.

4. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Whatever else you do this season, you must stuff the "binners"!!!! 4-0 seems like a good set of numbers. The last time we were in the same division the scores were 5-1 & 4-1 to the Canaries, Holty just kept scoring. :emoticon-0178-rock:

Well done in your first European game 0-0 is a great start. <ok>

5. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Sorry ILD have'nt herd that one who are the Binners. Sound's like you turned them over quite a few times hope holt can do the same for us.

6. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

The binners fromthestands is how the budgies refer to us ipswich fans. Anyhow they're just sour right now. Holt is out anyways is he not.

7. ilovedelia

That is a bit of luck for you lot, he probably would have scored another hattrick, he just loves playing the "binners". <laugh>

8. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Ye your correct Mad ads666 holt is out but I didn't know who the Binners were till I was informed who you are.so my next question is we're did the unusual name come from.

9. ilovedelia

Ok, a short history of the nickname for our local rivals, fromthestands, if you can remember a television program from the late 70's called Lovejoy, this is where it all started.
    Lovejoy was a fictional character who was an antique dealer in Suffolk, in one of the early episodes he was walking down the street when he reached into a roadside bin and pulled out a Blue and White striped Ipswich scarf and put it on. Why was it in the bin? Well us Norwich supporters always assumed that was the best place for them! Ever since that time we have refered to our rivals as "The Binners". That is one of the more printable names we call them, some of the others are.... well lets just say reserved for the terraces on a saturday. They call us "Budgies" which is supposed to be some sort of insult of our proper nickname "The Canaries". We don't mind that too much bless them, it's the best they've managed to come up with in the last 50 years. There is a pretty intense rivalry between our two club's, and has been since I started supporting Norwich in the early 60's. Happily it's mostly confined to name calling these days, and not the horrific fighting that used to occur.
    We are on another clubs board mad ads666 so I won't start a slanging match with you out of respect for my friends at Wigan. :emoticon-0100-smile