1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goodbye Craig

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by jambawamba, May 18, 2017.

1. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

The longer this is taking surely the less his chances are? Wonder if the owners are waiting for a big name to become available.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Is rather troubling tbh - no one wants to come to us if they don't know who is in charge.

3. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

I find it strange that people think no news means Shakey isn't getting it because to me it's the complete opposite, it means he is because if he wasn't then we would know about it because we would be actively seeking a new manager and we're not.

I'm pretty sure it was agreed in Monaco and everyone who needs to know does know but they all went on holiday after that and i'm sure he wants to organise his backroom team and have a break before the media circus that will follow.

At the end of the day this is a "need to know" situation and we don't need to know as fans, we just want to. Any potential targets will be informed but until deals have been reached with their clubs, it makes no difference if we have a manager or not.

Enquire about player > bid until fee agreed > negotiate contract with player. Manager not required until stage three of the process so why the panic?

4. Champions of England

^ only my guess by the way!

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That the owners have waited so long to announce it is worrying - is making it seem like it is with reluctance.

That other teams have been busy and we have not suggests that we are waiting for someone to give the go ahead on who to sign- that we are linked with players that we were linked with in the past windows also suggests that the scouting team haven't been given any new instructions since the last window.

6. Champions of England

You're living in a little bubble world but you need to step out into the open because you're not seeing the woods for the trees.

First of all, the club don't need to announce to the fans or the media until they're ready but to think those who need to know don't, is just naive. Shakey will have been given the job, the players would have been told and now Shakey has to get his team in place and have a holiday and then when he comes back it can be announced and he can deal with the media circus. Why should Shakey have to deal with all that when he just wants to have a break with his family? He shouldn't and he doesn't have to because it makes no difference to anyone except for impatient fans.

The player recruitment continues regardless of manager but you don't seem to get that there's a process. Enquire about the player first, which if reports are correct, has happened and we've enquired about Sigurdsson and Hoedt. Step two is negotiating the fee with the club and then step three is player negotiations and until then a manager isn't necessary. You're creating dramas where there aren't any.

We'd been after all of our players for a long time before we sign them, it's all part of their due diligence in picking the right players so if they were interested in them before because they ticked all the boxes, then why on earth wouldn't they go back in for them? Don't you know anything about how our recruitment works?

7. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Just remember, Big Fox, none of the above way he constructs his response is arrogant. He just knows far more than little old, ignorant you!

stevefox, BigFox and nzfoxfan like this.
  8. nzfoxfan

Its fantastic we now have the Oracle as a poster. We will all be suitably informed on everything we need to know. When he deems it the right time of course.

BigFox likes this.
  9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I have been shamed that I gave an opinion on an anonymous internet forum that is contrary to the great wise one.

We should be blessed that he has deemed us mere mortals worthy of such knowledge.

nzfoxfan likes this.
  10. Champions of England

I'm just tired of your ignorant posts that posses zero thought. Have you ever thought outside the box or actually put any thought into anything at all?

Let's see whose right hey!

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

If a player looking for a move, would they be interested in going to a managerless Leicester, or a Pulis philosophy WBA.

Players aren't going to be interested until they know whos going to be in charge and know what style of football they will be asked to play. They won't be nudging their club to accept an offer from us any time soon.

12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... alternatively they might just say "What's the financial package again? ... how much? ... where do I sign? .. will a big 'X' do? " <laugh>

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Not the kind of player i would want personally... i'd rather we were signing people who would buy into what the club wants to achieve rather than a player who will be here for a year and then look for a way out for a bigger contract.

We aren't Man City, we can't hire the best money mercenaries, which means that the ones we do get won't be good enough.

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I'm just older and more cynical than you Wizard I suspect ... N'Golo Kante admitted that he'd never heard of us and would have preferred a move to France ... but we offered more than the French clubs were offering ... I've no beef about that ... we haven't done badly with our 'money mercenaries' ... still some fantastic talent out there that just needs a showcase... just no point in getting too attached to individual players in this day and age ...

15. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

I :emoticon-0152-heart Albrighton

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

He's been brilliant for us but I also think we have for him ... there are some players that are at the 'right club' at the 'right time' and that's how I see Marc Albrighton ... reminds me a bit of Nicky Butt - not in the style of his play - but in a team with players of more individual ability you also need the 'hod carriers' to complement them .. Butt did that brilliantly at Man United ... but when he went to Newcastle where he was expected to shine in a team of lesser mortals, he was bang average ...

17. nzfoxfan

I :emoticon-0152-heart:emoticon-0152-heart Leicester City. Just saying.

18. Champions of England

Me too

19. Champions of England

Oh and it looks like the Oracle was at least half right because Shakey is going to be announced shortly so let's see if he has his team in place too for a clean sweep ha ha

I'm just messing around, bit of sarcasm but let's bury the hatchet aye, we both support Leicester, love our club and want what's best. I wasn't bullshitting, those plans are real and while it riled me, I accept people's cynicism towards such information and hold no grudge.

nzfoxfan likes this.
  20. Champions of England

Money talks though and we are in a healthy position to attract players by paying more. It's what's always happened with the bigger clubs and now we're competing with them and blowing them out of the water. I mean Everton and Spurs can't compete with us anymore, amazing.

When you have two teams like Everton and Leicester who respectfully we're better than and especially once they lose Lukaku, it comes down to money. Our future is as bright if not brighter than Everton's and he's going to get paid more here so the money edges it.