1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good stream on Mobdro...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Barchullona, Mar 4, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not illegal to own a Kodi box, but it's illegal to sell a 'fully loaded' Kodi box with pre-loaded third party plug-ins and add-ons, that allow users to stream pirated content to their TV.

In the latest case, a bloke who was selling the boxes was sentenced to ten months in prison (suspended for one year) and ordered to pay costs of £170,000. A Proceeds of Crime Act order was also made against him for a further £80,000.

It's unlikely that anyone just watching it is going to be prosecuted for anything, though they could have their equipment seized and destroyed as part of an investigation into the people selling them.

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

They aren't Kodi boxes. They are boxes loaded with Kodi for people who dont know how to or can't be bothered putting coding on a computer or Amazon firestick or similar. The powers that be, understandably, get a bit upset about this but Kodi is open source what people decide to do with it and share with others is up to them. I don't anticipate anyone satiate home watching via Chromecast, Amazon Firestick or whatever will get a knock on the door. Particularly if they use a decent VPN.

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

No one will get a home visit. I've only heard of a couple of instances of this happening, all were in the US and all were PC programs sold into niche markets. The delevopers of programs actively watched the torrents, gathered the information themselves and then took everyone to court.

There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people in the UK a streaming sports every weekend, it would be far too costly and time consuming to start targeting them. At worst there will be ISP blocks on certain websites as they do with pirate bay, which are easy to get around anyway.

Willson likes this.
  4. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

5. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

6. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

I understand the likelihood of being prosecuted for streaming are slim, the article suggested the focus will be on cutting off 'the supply' from hosting servers which will effectively kill the stream. I hope someone who understands these things will soon work out a way to get around it without the likes of me having to worry about following complex instructions :headbang:

7. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Did some research recently and went for Nord VPN - managed to catch a special offer so really cheap. Service has never let me down and they're quick to respond to technical questions such as whether my router is compatible etc. Current offer appears to be around a fiver a month for annual contract.

DMD likes this.
  8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

DMD likes this.
  9. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

That's very true but the nightmare scenario is that as more and more say **** you to sky and bt, don't pay into the system and watch for free on a stream the income to sky and bt will fall the mega buck payments to clubs will stop the quality of football will go down, no tv company will pay to screen it so there will be no games to stream if you see what i mean. Sure there should be some , and . in there but the point remains the same.

10. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to know what the percentage of revenue the likes of SKY & BT generate from Subscription against advertising revenue. With Kodi for example watchers get to see the advertising, which probably increases the exposure advertisers get world wide. So even with this streaming SKY & BT have a wider range for their advertising products.

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I can think of arguments that say this might be a good thing.

12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Good point.

13. Barchullona

City is on Astro Super sport 2.

14. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

Much harder for them to quantify the views on their stolen content though so they can't sell that to advertisers as easily.

15. Barchullona

Kodi do not manufacture boxes. Just because someone takes a box and puts Kodi on it does not make it a Kodi box. Kodi is an open source which they do not provide with any links to streaming sites. You have to install third party apps. Show me an advert from Kodi for one of their boxes.

16. Barchullona

The only problem I have found with that is that e-mails don't download for some reason and I have to disconnect to download them.

luvgonzo likes this.
  17. Mikez

Mikez Member

Have kodi working fine on pc with plenty of good repos for tv and movies but the sports links are pretty naff. Used vpn to try get NBC Sports up but I couldn't find a way without having an NBC login. Any ideas what I have missed?

18. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Generally the links I get on Mama through Zem TV are pretty good.

19. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

My usual streams have been really hit and miss as of late but then I found this.

Halow Live TV --> Match Day 2016 --> Live Streams HD/SD Fotboll --> Sport365...

You have to visit sport365.live to allow the streams to play for longer than 2 minutes but you can check the quality of the stream beforehand. It's worth it, I had absolutely no buffering on Saturday and I have pretty ****ty internet.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  20. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

That scenario would be great. Back to 'proper' football at 'proper' times (3pm Saturday)