1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good Stoke interview ahead of City v Sunderland

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by kingshirker, Feb 3, 2011.

1. kingshirker

kingshirker Member

We had Stephen Foster, who wrote the "She Stood There Laughing" and "...And She Laughed No More" books, earlier in the season for the first game and now another Stoke fan who earns him living by writing has previewed the return on Saturday

Mark Eltringham rubbishes those - Wenger in particular - who knock Stoke as dirty or negative, and gives a player-by-player assessment of Kenwyne and City's other ex SAFC men

http://salutsunderland.com/2011/02/stoke-who-are-you-the-dirty-tag-is-just-dull/

2. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

The first part where he rubbishes the stereotype of Stoke, was very good, thank you very much for sharing. If I ever need to explain us to critics I will refer them to that paragraph. I do however disagree with his views on Whitehead. Saying he is too inconsistent, I personally think only Robert Huth has been more consistent than Deano the last 18 months, he is vital to the way we play, his passing I admit isn't great but that's not his game, he is awesome at breaking up play and has a superb engine. If we had someone who can do what he does plus have a good range of passing we would be sorted in the middle. We have Marc Wilson but while he has a good range of passing, but he hasn't got much muscle but he's young and can improve that. I disagree about Jones when he says he isn't lazy, he is the laziest player i've ever seen, and I do include Fuller in that, which says something!!!! I personally hope we sell Jones in the summer and buy Carew but it'll never happen as Pulis has a massive hard on for Jones.

3. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

I've never thought Fuller was as lazy as some people make him out to be. Sure, he doesn't track back like a psychopath, Wayne Rooney style, but that's not his job. I think he has got a very lazy look and running style about him, which makes it look like he's not working as hard as he actually is.