1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Good read !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 30, 2016.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove> Well, well. Jose Mourinho has started his moaning again.

What about this?.
    Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho bemoans fixture list ahead of Liverpool clash
    Jose Mourinho looks on during the Premier League match between Watford and Manchester United at Vicarage Road on September 18, 2016 in Watford, England. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has got his excuses in early ahead of their upcoming trip to Anfield by claiming their fixture schedule is a “poisoned gift”.

Mourinho bemoaned the fact that the clash with Jurgen Klopp's resurgent Liverpool had been moved to Monday, October 17 to be shown live on Sky Sports.

United entertain Fenerbahce in the Europa League three days later before taking on Chelsea in the Premier League at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, October 23.

Speaking after United had laboured to a 1-0 win over Ukrainian outfit Zorya Luhansk at Old Trafford on Thursday night, Mourinho voiced his frustration that they face three such key fixtures in the space of six days.

“Well, we could play Liverpool on the Saturday, we could play Liverpool on the Sunday,” the United manager said. “We play Liverpool on the Monday.

“So maybe we don't have the best conditions, especially because we play against two top Premier League games that don't play in European competitions
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-11959301

From unexpected source: Scholes

Liverpool tipped to win Premier League title by Manchester United legend
    You know Liverpool are looking good when even a Manchester United legend is tipping the Reds to win the Premier League.
    And that’s exactly what Paul Scholes did live on BT Sport last night.

Scholes praised Liverpool’s style of play, saying Jurgen Klopp’s side pose an attacking threat to any side in the League.

When asked if he thought Liverpool could win the Premier League title, he said: “They do to me. I was a little bit worried about them defensively, but you have to say [with] the attacking quality they are showing at the minute, they look like they can score goals against anybody.”

Scholes quickly backtracked, of course, saying that he isn’t stating that Liverpool will win the league - but the former Man United midfielder had already said enough. He clearly sees Klopp’s side as a big threat.
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../liverpool-tipped-win-premier-league-11960712

2. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

Typical Moureen Deflection tactics already. Surly his team will be fully rested against us then bring in Rooney and a few others for the euro leg and then the full team against the chavs.
    Did Scholes say anything about watching Moureens Utd? Like about they play the same style as van Gaals Utd?

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Look if I am honest I would agree with him and do feel it's very stupid of the family to allow a team playing in europa to have a league match moved to the Monday of the week.

4. Rorschach

family?

5. Rorschach

anyway Moureen would moan if he was given a week off, the ref of his choice and a 2 goal head start...

6. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Mito you must not talk about the family so openly.

The Don will hear about this.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

I typed fa. Auto predict must have made it family.

8. Milk not bear jizz

Much better.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

Think I got away with It?

A view to Milk likes this.
  10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Klopp: Reds must be prepared for Swansea battle every week
    Jürgen Klopp believes Liverpool's first-half performance during their 2-1 victory over Swansea City on Saturday provides the perfect example of why his players cannot afford to get carried away when the going is good.

The Reds had claimed four straight wins in all competitions prior to their trip to the Liberty Stadium, where they were set to face an opponent with just four Premier League points to their name after six fixtures.

But the opening 45 minutes made a mockery of both teams' respective positions, as the Swans came flying out of the traps to claim an eighth-minute lead, which they were perhaps unfortunate not to extend before the break.

The visitors were facing an uphill task as they headed back out for the second half, but put on a massively improved performance that was rewarded as three points were secured through Roberto Firmino's header and a James Milner penalty.

And, while Klopp was understandably delighted to have seen his team turn things around against the odds in south Wales, he cited the first half as evidence that the Reds need to be at their best in every game.

"It was such a positive week: Interview here, interview there, ‘the manager is brilliant’, ‘everyone is enjoying themselves’," he said.

"And then at the end of the week, Swansea is waiting with the knife between the teeth, and you have to go and perform again!

"That’s what I mean. We have to get used to it. To be a successful team you need to be a challenger in each game, challenging for three points in every game.

"I’m happy with the performance from the [fans], it was great! We didn’t make it too easy for them, but you saw that they took each good moment from us to help us back in the game. That was nice."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...ust-be-prepared-for-swansea-battle-every-week

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Seem to remember us having a similar run of games, played Saturday then in the EL in Russia on the Thursday and then after a league game on the Sunday we played Swansea in the LC semi on the Tuesday?

Brendan never moaned even though the tough schedule was probably to blame for our poor performance against Swansea.<laugh>

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Not Swansea alone, I remember we played Crystal Palace after European league at Anfield last year. We lost also Alan Pardew
    knew what to do knowing that our boys are going to be tired.

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

Henrikh Mkhitaryan set to miss Armenia games after Manchester United request
    Manchester United have asked Armenia not to call up Henrikh Mkhitaryan for their upcoming World Cup Qualifiers.

The Armenia captain has been out since injuring a thigh muscle during last month's derby defeat to Manchester City at Old Trafford.

United are hoping their £26m midfielder will be given permission to work on his fitness rather than join up for Group E games against Romania and Poland.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...armenia-games-after-manchester-united-request

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

A young Lotto winner has split from her boyfriend after setting him a hilarious list of rules for his lads' holiday to Ibiza.
    Jane Park warned Connor George not to "speak to girls" and "avoid eye contact" while on the party island.
    The 20-year-old - who scooped the £1 million Euromillions prize at the age of 17 - also warned Connor he would be drugs tested and his phoned checked for girls' numbers upon his return.
    Jane, from Edinburgh, even threatened to check 21-year-old Connor's penis for any secret tattoos.
    Scoop the EuroMillions 136m windfall without having to pay a single penny - here's how
    please log in to view this image

The list of instructions Connor was sent to Ibiza with

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lotto-winner-splits-boyfriend-after-8995774

15. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I don't know where this thread is going. <yikes>

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

An as yet unknown dimension <yikes>

17. Milk not bear jizz

She's a psycho. However I'd let her check my penis for tattoos... I just would never date her.

18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I mean who the **** would go to Ibiza and not do drugs. She's an absolute maniac. <ok>

19. moreinjuredthanowen

the few quid she won has gone right to her head.

The reality for the girl is if she goes and buys a couple houses or something she might be mortgage free and have a rental income coming in but aside form being comfortable... (the couple houses up there i mean are the luxury end of market which does exist not ****ing grim council ****e)

I clicked on the link btw on her name and it seems he's already got a rolex and a car out of her.. in short.. she'll be broke in a couple years but he had his rewards already from the slapper.

It seems to me kids should never get such cash until they earn it and she's probably just baout pissed it away by now.

20. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Happens all the time. Lottery often ends up ruining lives in the long run. Like you said, she's not even at the age where you consider buying a house and it will be gone soon. Add to that, it's public knowledge that she's won such an amount so she will be constantly hounded by friends/family/stragers/charities asking for help. Once you break the seal it won't stop. She won't have the same friendships she once had, can't just go for a drink with friends without them expecting something from you. If I won the lottery I'd keep it secret from everyone, make out I've done well with investments etc. so when I help people it can be on my terms and ensure people don't think I've got some bottomless pit to help every person I know out.

I bet she wouldn't make a list like that for him if he'd have won the money.