1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good On Ya´ Delia

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by royalbarclayfan, Nov 6, 2016.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

You make some excellent points Hotrc and have to agree that Delia and co are hindering the development of the club with their stance on ownership, but I guess we have to 'like it or lump it!!!'
    Yes, unfortunately, it's all about money since Murdoch came onto the scene and I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

2. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Here here!!

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yet another hard hitting article from the EDP scribes - http://www.edp24.co.uk/home/fan_fury_justified_for_norwich_city_chief_alex_neil_1_4766414.
    I love this from the 2nd comment - "Signings are awful as well - we have had 1 decent signing Klosse - wouldn't rave about any of the others - - if we ever saw them -Canos, Oliveira, - what has Canos done to upset him? How much money has this guy wasted on players like Andreu etc. He seems to have blown our budget on 1 decent centre back and how is Ofoe less of a player than Pritchard. time to go and take your big mate Russell Martin with you."

4. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

We have had good signings Klose, Pritchard, Maddison, Canos & Thompson are all great signings. The issue for me is AN can't seem to get the best out of any of the players whether he's signed them or inherited them.

JM Fan likes this.
  5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In view of last season's relegation, and playing in the second tier now, I still can't fathom why he spent £8m-ish on Pritchard (who will be excellent, I'm sure with a decent run of games :emoticon-0112-wonde) at the expense of no additional proven striker (he clearly doesn't rate / trust Oliveira much) or a top level CB? We had Andreu who could have done Pritchard's role and is now playing well and scoring for fun oop north!
    So we send him away on loan and spent virtually our entire remaining budget on a position where we already have / had Wes, Naismith, Andreu and Maddison. Go figure! <yikes>

6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I guess he was hoping to off load Naismith, if he had, I think most people would say Pritchard was a cracking signing and a much better prospect than Naismith..

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I have to agree Cromer - why on earth did he sign Pritchard and then send Maddison out on loan. I fear that unless we do at the VERY least sign a decent CB in January, then our GA total will continue to increase and we will start to slide down the table.

8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

I fear that unless he can arrest this alarming, heading towards catastrophic run of results and performances, he'll find it very difficult to attract the calibre of player required to prevent the GA column getting out of control.
    One or two have said how tricky it can be attracting decent players to a 'remote outpost' like Naaarch, (hell's teeth, we have roads, a rail network :emoticon-0112-wonde - of sorts and an airport, it's not exactly the middle of the Gobi desert!) but with results as they are, heads dropping like a guillotine session in medieval Paris, and discontent / disharmony around the place - big incentive to sign up? I think not.

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly Cromer!! <applause>

10. ilovedelia

Naismith is shyte! Never wanted him and now we're stuck with the waster he's just topping up his pension!!

11. ilovedelia

We're already sliding downwards....he doesn't have a clue how to stop it!!

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Never imagined I'd say this, but I can't wait for Jarvis to be back to full fitness, so we have genuine, as opposed to makeshift / square peg options out wide when both Murphys and Canos are left out.
    Though I'd rather have either Murphy in the team than Brady as things currently stand.
    Roll on January, get shot of him and Naismith and invest in a CB and a striker who actually do what it says on the tin <ok>

13. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What concerns me most, is that regardless of what you think of the various signings, the group of players at Colney clearly have the pedigree to win promotion.

Just to look at our defence. Every senior centre back at the club has either won promotion from this league (several more than once) or is a full Swiss international. Our second and third choice RBs were both instrumental to our previous promotions, as was Olsson. Brady was a star at the Euros. Yet between them they haven't been able to keep a clean sheet since the middle of August.

They haven't all become mediocre players overnight, so why can very few of our squad perform to the level they're capable? One or two having poor attitudes wouldn't be too surprising, but for perhaps half the squad to be unable to turn up? Surely that fault has to lie with the manager.

carrowcanario, JM Fan and ilovedelia like this.
  14. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

JM Fan and DHCanary like this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well DH I guess I'm not alone in being in total agreement with your last sentence!!
    I was just saying to some other NCFC fans today that I REALLY think it's time for a change of formation, as obviously the current one isn't working. I also think the time had come for a MAJOR change to the starting 11. Let's hope Pinto is fit for the trip to Loftus Road!! ☺

16. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I posted elsewhere recently that I really want to see 5-4-1 tried. Pinto and Brady for width, 3 centre backs to perhaps do the job 2 should have been, then Wes and Pritchard in their favoured central roles behind Jerome.

No doubt wishful thinking.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

We moved in that direction against Leeds where we started with a 4-1-4-1 so it isn't out of the question, DH. I think we'd need Pinto playing at WB to make it work though. I'm going to the QPR match so will keep an eye out for that. :emoticon-0105-wink:

As for the OP, I have mixed feelings. Changing managers now would be a gamble. It could work, as it did with Lambert, or it could backfire big-time. I have long felt that our best success was achieved by Stringer building a squad and then handing over to Walker to take it forward over time and I think that's the sort of thing Delia was referring to. AN is a manager capable of doing that, IMO, but he needs to turn things around in the short-term to keep the fans onside.

JM Fan likes this.