1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

GO !

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Nov 5, 2016.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Scally - sack him NOW - don't wait for half time
    I am getting sick and tired of JE - He's in danger of being hated more than STIMSON

2. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Firstly a free header, then a hot knife through the buttery midfield. How often have we heard these things in 2016?

3. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

OK. I'll change my prediction league to 6-2. But we should NEVER, EVER give these teams that sort of start.

Anyone going to run a sweepstake on how long the run of games conceding a goal is going to last?

4. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Yep, its P45 time.

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Let's be positive about things here. Only one loss in our last 4 games in all competitions and we set a new club record. Still things to smile about <cheers>

6. alwaysright

Well done Pegleg - So you are a 'glass half full' sort of person - my glass is also half full - it's just a shame that the contents is nothing but P

7. The Gills PegLeg

Don't get me wrong always, I'm far from happy with the current situation, however I'm still in a state of bemusement at our predicament. What I can't get my head around is the severe change in perfomances, form and injuries in 12 months with arguably a better squad with the exception of the loss of Dickenson & Egan. I really cannot fathom the big shift apart from us being second guessed too often by opposing teams.

I've been very vocal in the past about previous managers and making changes, PT for example should haven't ever been given the job in the first place in my eyes, but I can't bring myself to turn on Edinburgh yet and I can't really put my finger on it as to why I haven't. He's clearly got his flaws in tactics that's for sure, but the players need to take some of the blame here. They've not been performing and the replacements brought in haven't been doing it either. Add to that having the clumsiest defence in the league with all of the penalties that have been given away certainly isn't JE'S fault. I'm sure he doesn't tell the team to go and handle the ball in the box or shove people over when they run at them in the box. And a change in manager probably wouldn't stop them trying to catch the ball or shove them over either.

99% on people on here will disagree with me which is fair enough but I personally can't bring myself to want him out yet. Added to that is the list of available candidates is pretty woeful at the moment anyway, I don't really see any of those making a positive change and I certainly don't want Steve Evans anywhere near the county of Kent, let alone our new boss.

grumpygit likes this.
  8. alwaysright

Pegleg
    I agree with much of what you write. I have regularly stated my 'realistic' expectations of my modest L1 team. However - as has been accepted by most of us, on paper, we do have a squad that should be achieving much more than at present........ so what has changed in the last 12 months ?.
    1. The management (the time taken by JE to remove predecessors from the backroom staff ) - Responsibility = Management.
    2. Players - too many midfielders/ unbalanced side - Responsibility = Management
    2 a. Players - insufficient cover for various positions. Responsibility = Management
    3. Recruitment of players with pre existing injuries incapable of being used for MONTHS . Responsibility = Management
    4 Formation - Too many times we have used square pegs in round holes. Responsibility = Management.
    5. Tactics - We have continued to use the wrong style of football ( eg hoofball ), without success or change. Responsibility = Management.

I am sure others in this forum can add to the list.

I accept that we have had bad luck with the extraordinary number of injuries. It therefore doesn't help when the management has assembled a vastly unbalanced squad.
    I accept that ( despite the 'limited' technical ability of individual players, that you can't legislate for individual mistakes - but the manager and coaching staff are paid to 'coach' ! They are also paid to motivate - this, to me, appears to be in short supply on match day.
    I do expect our players to give 100% effort. I'm not sure that the 'apparent' lack of effort isn't down to the formation and tactics ordered by the manager - which prevents players from being more expressive for fear of upsetting JE's plan - whatever that may be ( and not getting selected again ). We have seen the wrong formation used too many times - to the detriment of the overall team performance and results.

JE and the 'management' are solely responsible for much of my list. JE and the management have a huge influence in what happens on the pitch. JE may bemoan his luck with injuries and individual mistakes or bad referees - but the crux of the matter is that formation and tactics and motivation of 'competent' players has been wrong on so many occasions in 2016 - that is the responsibility of JE. As a consequence the team have underachieved compared with their ability. JE's formation and tactics have failed too many times. JE has failed to recognise this fact. He needs to GO

grumpygit likes this.
  9. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Who to replace him........frying pan/fire scenario with the presently available suspects methinks?

10. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think you must accept that I've been patient in waiting several days to offer my reasoned and balanced report on the match.

That was total...........please fill in the blank as site rules won't allow me to be more specific.

11. WINDYROG

Loxy poad of shucking fit by chance?????

grumpygit likes this.
  12. alwaysright

So sad to see you're still suffering from dyslexic tourettes

13. WINDYROG

The best type of tourettes as it gets past the 'on line' police!!!!

14. The Gills PegLeg

We beat West Brom Under 21s 2-0 and kept a clean sheet. We're going to win the league now under JE. That will keep everybody happy <laugh>

15. alwaysright

16. WINDYROG

At present the Gills are a joke.........and not a funny one at that.