1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Glad its all over

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Apr 28, 2013.

1. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

This has been the most disappointing season I have ever know in 48 years of supporting Reading so I'm glad its all over. I would rather we stay in the championship than endure another premiership season like that.

It is said that Adkins needs to have a massive clearout and bring some fresh blood to the club. On todays showing 75% of the first team need getting rid of. They have been abysmal all season but todays performance was a new low.

Doubtless before next season starts there will be pockets of Reading fans saying how we'll go straight back up. To those people I say 'Reality Check'. It will take Adkins a good two or three seasons to get Reading primed up enough for another promotion push.

2. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

The writings been on the wall for a long time now but commiserations all the same. I hope that Nigel can sort out your squad and bring you back up sooner rather than later. I'll be keeping an eye out for your results next season.

3. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Cheers mate.

Most of us older fans realised, from day one, that we punched well above our weight to get promotion in the first place, so the likelihood of anything other than relegation was doubtful. Lack of spending in the summer, and again in January, sealed our fate.

Adkins has got his work cut out but I'm hoping he'll be ruthless where he has to be and get rid of the dead wood, and we've plenty of that at Reading.

Congratulations to you guys on a successful season. Both you and West Ham have grasped the nettle and set yourselves up nicely for next season.

Good luck.

4. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Cheers mate.

Most of us older fans realised, from day one, that we punched well above our weight to get promotion in the first place, so the likelihood of anything other than relegation was doubtful. Lack of spending in the summer, and again in January, sealed our fate.

Adkins has got his work cut out but I'm hoping he'll be ruthless where he has to be and get rid of the dead wood, and we've plenty of that at Reading.

Congratulations to you guys on a successful season. Both you and West Ham have grasped the nettle and set yourselves up nicely for next season.

Good luck.

5. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Yes, commiserations from me too SR. I think Adkins will do a job for you, but as you say it might take a couple of seasons. Keep the faith (after 48 yrs it would be silly not to, I suppose :) ).

6. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Yes, commiserations from me too SR. I think Adkins will do a job for you, but as you say it might take a couple of seasons. Keep the faith (after 48 yrs it would be silly not to, I suppose :) ).

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

QPR fan in peace...I know exactly how you feel mate...I(we) feel exactly the same....I am glad it is all over. We have fans saying exactly the same...Straight back up.....get real...no way!

I feel for you lot too...we just weren't good enough...but we can all hope that next season will be better....all the best and see you all next season.....and hope that we can serve up a better mtch than today

8. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

good luck for next season , you played proper football , its a shame that Stoke didnt go down instead of you guys......

9. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Likewise. It was terrible today. Two teams who just didn't seem interested. It was more like a pre-season friendly.

As you say, lets hope for better things to come next season. Can't really be much worse can it? LOL

10. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Cheers mate. We were never equipped for the premiership and we're going back to where we're best suited. Whether Zingarevich's money and Adkins management will go well for us remains to be seen, but we're all hopeful.

11. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Yep as a Gunner I wish you all the best in the Championship and hope you come back when you are better prepared. Always remember our 7-5 in the league cup. <ok>

12. SouthStand

SouthStand Active Member

Saw both Leeds' games v Reading in your promotion season, and can truthfully say I wasn't too impressed with Reading, but you won the games and rightly went up. Next season however will depend on Leeds' owners.

Don't really think Reading are a premiership club in terms of size and stature, although that can probably be said of QPR also. Here's to next season!

13. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Good comments all round ...
    A special hello to qprbeth, a very fair QPR poster. Best of luck to you too, next season. At least we can keep the hopos thing going, eh?!!

14. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Good luck Reading, Good club and fans, hope you come back up better and stronger.

15. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

As daib0 says, nice comments and thanks to all of you who posted.

What happens next season remains to be seen. We start the campaign with nil points the same as every other team in the division. Too many other clubs, much bigger clubs than Reading, have failed miserably in their attampts to go straight back up so, realistically, I'm not expecting it to happen for us. If it does, it will be great, but both my feet are staying firmly rooted to the ground.

16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

17. Tilehurstsouthbank

Really want the season to just finish now. Dragging out the last few games is going to be like watching paint dry.

18. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Hey, have some respect for the Derby team that got 13 points, they were down from November, but you didn't him them bitch like little girls about it. Embrace the last few games, there's a long football-less summer approaching.......with plenty of crap weather to moan about.

19. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Guys...were coming down with ya some my advice to all supporters, as I told our own, is this.

get yourself a Reading/ QPR (same top really) top with the Premiership badge on it. Gonna be a long time before either of us see another one!

Just got to put our hands up and say we aint good enough right now.

Good luck guys & girls. Looking forward to seeing you guys (& girlz) next season. Lets at least have a good time in the last few games!