1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Give Sunderland credit

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

As disappointing as the performance and result was,I think we have to give martin oneill credit for being tactically spot on and getting his team prepared to fight for each other and keep really disciplined to keep us out.I realise fortune has played a part in Sunderland keeping a clean sheet and I believe the goal was offside, I was at the other end so couldn't tell and haven't seen a replay yet,but to be honest Sunderland would always have had to ride their luck a bit to get any sort of result playing those tactics.
    We really need to develop a plan B for teams who crowd the space between midfield and attack,there never seems a change in tactics we just replace players and keep on with the same methods.
    Today emphasised yet again why Adam Johnson should not be starting games,he invariably gets lost in the game and drifts completely out of it.Hes much more effective coming on after an hour or so up against a tiring fullback and I thought Edin showed with another rusty performance that he needs consecutive games to build his sharpness up not being dipped in and out.Samir Nasri just slows the play down for me,can't see why we play him there I'd much rather see Milner given a run and Kolorov is simply awful,terrible full back,
    As for Sunderland I thought catermole was terrific in midfield,not the most talented player in the world but makes full use of everything he has and the lad playing in the hole (sessignon?)is a real handful,much more of a threat than Bendtner who is only a top striker inside his own head
    Only one complaint
    Sunderland fans singing"where were you when you were ****?"
    Really ?

2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

3. BillySmartsCircus

nah not really, always had good craic with citeh fans before you got all rich like.

fair assessment anarl, it's getting points in these matches that will win you titles, and our stifling plan worked to a "t". you looked short of ideas, crazy for a team with so many creative sparks. good luck for the season, i already can't wait for your derby

4. Paulpowersleftfoot

If Busface had still been in charge,I think you'd have been leathered

5. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

I dont think we would. I know we would!

By the way I did think it unfair to ask City fans where they were when you were crap. The answer to be fair was supporting your club, you have always had good fans. Hope you go on to win the league.

6. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Really?

7. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

You'd have put five passed us if Bruce was still in charge and you'd picked a near full strength team!

8. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

what was the score last year, 1-0 to us, what was the score the year before 1-1 96th minute goal for you.

really not sure how you would have hammered us, our defence hasnt been the problem, (never beaten by more than 1 goal this season, same as you) its the scoring goals that has been, even though we are only 3 goals off Newcastle who have a 12 goal striker in their midst.

I dont think we would have won, but then i didnt think we would today, but i never envisioned us getting hammered. (even if it was Bruce at the helm)

9. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Steve, you put that perfectly my friend.

10. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

"Where were you when you were ****"...It's called banter marra; don't take it personally...

11. concrete tony

concrete tony Well-Known Member

Your manager has questions to answer regarding a weak (relatively speaking) starting line up. Kept players back for the Liverpool game and it back fired. City are a great side and we defended very well, limited you to very few real goalscoring chances. Let's be honest City are always going to create 3 or 4 real chances.
    It could be argued that the better chances were ours.
    Agree with your assessment of Johnston. He ran out of ideas after 45 minutes. I've never really rated Nasri (yes I'd have him in the Sunderland team) but I think City have better players.
    I think the reason we won and you lost was that in the 93rd minute after 92 minutes, most of which was closing down and marking we went forward and City never really bust a gut to defend as we had all game.

12. Black Cat Kiwi

Black Cat Kiwi Well-Known Member

Still didn't answer the question now did he <whistle>

13. Paulpowersleftfoot

Why is it only supporters seem to be able to understand the principle of play your best side,if you go 3-0 up then take the silvas and agueros off ? Footballers should be fit enough,they don't need to train in between games 48hrs apart I think it's just bollocks
    Who was the lad who came on for the rag Brown,thought he played really well

14. Paulpowersleftfoot

Originally Posted by MrRAWhite
    "Where were you when you were ****"...It's called banter marra; don't take it personally...
    Still didn't answer the question now did he

Stood on terraces in Northampton watching Jamie pollock show the world that any **** could make it as a footballer

15. concrete tony

Matt Kilgallon, Steve Bruce signed him last Jan and the lad hasn't been given a chance, he's been out on loan. We were all nervy when he came on but he had a great game, took his chance well, full credit. He did just enough on a couple of occasions to just put Dzeko off.

16. Paulpowersleftfoot

Never heard of him
    The ginger lad at full back did well,never lost his position,never seen him before either I don't think

17. concrete tony

He is a makeshift full back ( you should see our real one!) Jack Colback (From the youth system. local lad) Really a midfielder but stuck to his task well today well helped out from Maclean the debut left winger. We had a threadbare squad today which makes the result all the more unbelievable. Why no ballotelli? not that I'm complaining

18. Paulpowersleftfoot

**** knows,we don't have any injuries,presumably rested for Liverpool on Tuesday
    I suspect they thought they only needed to turn up,when will they ****ing learn??

19. Livyathan

Livyathan New Member

All the best for the Title mate. I saw enough today to suggest you're streets ahead of the other teams in the League.

Very proud of my teams performance today, onwards and ever upwards.

Ohhhh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-O'Neill.

20. Paulpowersleftfoot

Sang meself ****in hoarse
    Jack Daniels is sorting that problem out
    Good luck for the remainder,won't be any relegation issues with oneill in charge
    Niall is still seen as a legend at our place,he just kept employing those red bastards...