1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gills Fans

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, May 18, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Just been having some thoughts on what we can do to improve membership on our board, or do you like it just the way it is?

As you all know I don't get the time I used to, hence why Patchy runs the prediction league now and does a great job.

Generally forums are not as popular as they once were, especially with other social media outlets available, however, I still do believe there is a place for them, ie no restrictions on character space and many other functions, although not as versatile in micro seconds capability of sharing as other popular media outlets.

Vital which i once wrote blogs for has taken off after the demise of Fansonline, we was never going to capture that market due to some of the constraints we apply, specifically swearing etc.

So over to you the members, likes, dislikes about not606....leave as it is or change it, if so in what way?

All opinions will be read and considered, just say it.

Note; wums from other boards will be removed, so don't waste your time.

Thanks in advance brb.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Personally, I think this forum's contributors are reasonably well behaved. I prefer that no gratuitous swearing is encouraged - although the odd mild expletive can add emphasis and passion. I also believe that we can express a difference of opinion without resorting to infantile behaviour. There are too many outlets of social media where the participants are still at the stage of their development where they still drag their knuckles on the ground.

AshfordGill, grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The board can sometimes be a little quiet, but equally the posters rarely if ever result to personal abuse (apart from brb bashing which is allowed)
    I do miss the interaction we used to get from other teams fans, but I suppose that can happen as teams get promoted or relegated.
    For the most part we are as busy as a lot of boards both Gills and other teams, the prediction league always seems to have plenty taking part who rarely if ever post, maybe you could seek their opinion.

brb likes this.
  4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Ours is one of the busiest boards and I agree with most of the above comments. Dragging ourselves down into the gutter with inappropriate language and character bashing is not, I believe, the way to go.

Yes it can be quiet sometimes...but there again there is never going to be anything earth shattering regarding the Gills on a daily basis.... ;-)

AshfordGill and brb like this.
  5. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

6. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

I have not posted much recently, unfortunately I have been an infrequent visitor to Priestfield as well which makes it hard to comment on matches and players. (I managed to get to 7 matches last year 4 at home and 3 away).

I am hopeful of being a more regular attendee and poster from next season again as a number of my other weekend activities are coming to an end.

I like this forum have always found that you can have your say without the fear of being abused and that rational debate has always been the order of the day.

WINDYROG, grumpygit and brb like this.