1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, May 12, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove> ON Sunday Liverpool away to West Ham, they did us double last year, and in the reversing fixture at Anfield Liverpool dropped two points due to bad defending as usual.
    This is a must win game for Liverpool to have the chance of top four finish.
    My prediction: West Ham 2:3 Liverpool.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Friday 12th May 2017

Everton V Watford 2:1

West Bromwich Albion V Chelsea 1:3

Saturday 13th May 2017

Manchester City V Leicester City 1:1

Bournemouth V Burnley 2:1

Middlesbrough V Southampton 1:2

Sunderland V Swansea City 1:2

Stoke City V Arsenal 1:1

Sunday 14th May 2017

Crystal Palace V Hull City 2:1

West Ham United V Liverpool 2:3

Tottenham Hotspur V Manchester United 1:1

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

PAUL MERSON IS CALLING IT A DRAW.
    West Ham v Liverpool (Super Sunday from 2pm) - live on Sky Sports 1
    It all depends on which West Ham turns up, whether it's the team from the last few months or the one who beat Tottenham last week. It's a big game for them because another win could wipe away the cobwebs at the London Stadium and help them feel much more positive about the place next year.
    You just don't know with Liverpool against so-called lesser teams. I would probably fancy them more if they were going to Man City. There's something missing in these games and they need to sort that out if they want to push on.
    PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1 (6/1 with Sky Bet)

LAWRO TOO IS CALLING IT A DRAW.

West Ham v Liverpool (14:15 BST)
    As I have said, I think Liverpool will need to win their final two games to make the top four - but I am just not convinced they will do it. I don't think they will get three points against West Ham for starters.
    If Liverpool do fall short, it will be because of their mentality. They play as if they will always create chances, so can be somewhat wasteful - but that is not the case. There is something missing with their attack at the moment.
    I presume Jurgen Klopp will start with Adam Lallana even if he is not 100% fit because there is no point protecting him any longer - they need his help now.
    There is also a case for giving Daniel Sturridge a start too. After coming off the bench along with Lallana in the second half against Southampton on Sunday, he was one of the few Liverpool players to look lively in what was a really poor result for the Reds.
    West Ham are supposedly one of the teams interested in signing Sturridge in the summer so this is something of a showcase for him - his future is undecided but it does not matter what his motivation is if he gets Liverpool the points.
    The key will be whether they can break West Ham down - the Hammers played with three at the back
    in their win over Tottenham last week and flooded the midfield.
    If they do that again, there will not be much space for Liverpool's creative players, which is why I am going for a draw.
    Lawro's prediction: 1-1
    Andy's prediction: Another draw, I think! 1-1

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Everton V Watford nobody cares on either side. At home = 1-0 win?

West Bromwich Albion V Chelsea west brom have retried for the season. very poor. if cheslea win its all over so 0-2

Manchester City V Leicester City hmmmm hard to call. Leicester away? city in form? 3-1

Bournemouth V Burnley honestly i would care more about a league 2 game.

Middlesbrough V Southampton southampton boring, their job to hurt lfc is done they will prob lose this one just because it will hurt us more. 1-0

Sunderland V Swansea City Swansea must win.... do or die. sunderland don't care... 1-2

Stoke City V Arsenal oh god... mark hughes must be close to the sack by now.. this is going down hill rapidly. 0-2

Crystal Palace V Hull City must win for hull. palace no longer care. 0-1

West Ham United V Liverpool only way for lfc to win 0-1

Tottenham Hotspur V Manchester United 1:1 nobody really cares

This set of result would bring relegation dogfight to last day and top 4 dogfight to last day too.