1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, May 3, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove> Liverpool at home to Southampton on Sunday to Southampton. It's not going to be easy nut
    to crack. It is a must win game for Liverpool and cannot afford ant slip up.
    My prediction: Liverpool 3:1 Southampton.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Friday 5th May 2017

West Ham United V Tottenham Hotspur 1:2

Saturday 6th May 2017

Manchester City V Crystal Palace 2:0

Bournemouth V Stoke City 2:1

Burnley V West Bromwich Albion 2:1

Hull City V Sunderland 2:1

Leicester City V Watford 2:0

Swansea City V Everton 1:3

Sunday 7th May 2017

Liverpool V Southampton 3:1

Arsenal V Manchester United 1:1

Monday 8th May 2017

Chelsea V Middlesbrough 3:0

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

That's always your prediction, dribs <laugh> Mind you, it's normally mine and saint's as well.

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Paul Merson predicted wins for Liverpool and Arsenal.

Liverpool v Southampton - Nissan Super Sunday, Sky Sports 1 HD from 12.30pm
    please log in to view this image
    &lt;img
    A look ahead to Sunday’s Premier League matches as Liverpool entertain Southampton and Manchester Utd travel to Arsenal
    The race for the top four is back in Liverpool's hands and that's all you can ask for at this stage of the season. I expect them to win this game easily.

Southampton are another team that are on holiday so I'm expecting a comfortable afternoon for Jurgen Klopp's side.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (11/1 with Sky Bet)

Liverpool vs So'ton
    May 7, 2017, 1:30pm

Live on

Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass
    Arsenal v Manchester United - Nissan Super Sunday, Sky Sports 1 HD from 3.30pm
    Arsenal are certainties in my opinion. It's all about timing at the end of the season and this game is perfect timing for the Gunners. United could win their next four Premier League games 5-0 and still finish fifth in the league. On the other hand, they might only have to win two Europa League games to qualify for the Champions League. I don't see anything but wholesale changes for Jose Mourinho for this game.

It would be interesting to see what would happen with Mourinho's selections if Manchester City lost to Crystal Palace. It would present United with another opportunity of sneaking into the top four and while he has said he will rest players, would a negative result for City change his mind?

-
    Arsene Wenger (L) and Jose Mourinho (R) go head-to-head on Sunday
    I don't think so. I'd be shocked if any of the big guns played at the Emirates on Sunday. The wholesale changes put severe pressure on Arsene Wenger. They will be playing a second string side in my opinion and if they can't beat an under-strength Manchester United, huge pressure will be put on the Frenchman. He would probably prefer to be playing United's first team.

I'm backing Arsenal for a big 3-0 win and before Manchester United fans go ballistic I'm only backing that result because of my theory. If it was different I'd back the draw because Mourinho can get a draw at will.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (16/1 with Sky Bet)

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lawro's opinion.

SUNDAY

Liverpool v Southampton (13:30 BST)

Liverpool got a good win at Watford last time out which means they have taken nine points from their past four games.

Yes, they will feel they should have beaten Crystal Palace at Anfield too, but that is still a decent haul and makes losing to the Eagles easier to swallow.

The Reds owe Saints after they lost to them in the semi-finals of the EFL Cup, and I think they will get some revenge.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Tom's prediction: 2-1

Serge's prediction: 1-0