1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Mar 15, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove> On Sunday Liverpool away to Manchester City after winning in an ugly manner against Burnley on Sunday. This a difficult game, city are hoping to avenge the defeat at Anfield in the reverse fixture.

My prediction Manchester City 2:2Liverpool.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Saturday 18th March 2017

West Bromwich Albion V Arsenal 2:2

Crystal Palace V Watford 2:1

Everton V Hull City 3:1

Stoke City V Chelsea 1:1

Sunderland V Burnley 2:1

West Ham United V Leicester City 2:2

Bournemouth V Swansea City 3:2

Sunday 19th March 2017

Middlesbrough V Manchester United 1:3

Tottenham Hotspur V Southampton 2:1

Manchester City V Liverpool 2:2

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Boro have just sacked their manager. You know what happens when that happens <ok>

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Paul Merson has gone for home win. I hope he's wrong.
    Man City v Liverpool (Sunday, 4.30pm, live on Sky Sports 1 HD)
    This will be a hard game. I remember last year Liverpool went there and dismantled them and ripped them apart. And I think City's Champions League exit at the hands of Monaco on Wednesday was a major blow, but I cannot see anything other than goals in this game
    I think it will be a very high-scoring football match and I am going to go 3-2 to Man City - I am just going to go with home advantage here, that is all I can really go on.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lawro has gone for 1:1 draw:

Man City v Liverpool (16:30 GMT)
    City are out of Europe and this starts a run of successive league games against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea which could go a long way to deciding whether they are back in the Champions League next season.

I think it is a good time for Liverpool to play them, and we know what Jurgen Klopp's side are like against the top teams anyway - they have not lost to anyone in the top six in 2016-17.
    There could be a backlash from City after their defeat by Monaco but, even if there is, I don't see them keeping a clean sheet.
    The Reds will get chances but they will have work to do at the other end too.
    Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren is on his way back from injury and although Klopp does not like to rush players I would want him starting at City. Even so, their squad remains wafer thin.
    Klopp has a decent record against City - he lost out to them in last season's League Cup final but has won all three of his league games against them.
    The Reds won 4-1 at the Etihad Stadium on their last visit, but I don't see a repeat of that result.
    I am going for a draw, which I think Liverpool would take now.
    Lawro's prediction: 1-1
    Crolla's prediction: I think the blue half of Manchester wins this one. Both sides have leaked a few goals recently but I am going for City to edge it. 3-2