1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Mar 8, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>Liverpool at home to Burnley on Sunday, Liverpool's first defeat of the season was at Burnley. Another Banana skin?. In order to fight for top four finish, this is the type of game Liverpool needs to win.
    I am going for home win. Liverpool 4:1 Burnley.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Saturday 11th March 2017

Bournemouth V West Ham United 2:2

Crystal Palace P-P Tottenham Hotspur ??
    Postponed

Everton V West Bromwich Albion 2:1

Hull City V Swansea City 2:2

Middlesbrough P-P Sunderland ??
    Postponed

Arsenal P-P Leicester City ??

Sunday 12th March 2017

Southampton P-P Manchester United ??
    Postponed

Liverpool V Burnley 4:1

Monday 13th March 2017

Chelsea P-P Watford ??
    Postponed

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

What does Paul Merson thinks?

Premier League - Saturday and Sunday
    Liverpool v Burnley (Nissan Super Sunday from 3.30pm - Live on Sky Sports 1)
    please log in to view this image
    gt;
    Liverpool beat Arsenal 3-1 at Anfield last weekend
    ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW THIS ADVERT

Burnley have been doing much better away from home in recent weeks but the result haven't quite gone their way. They were very unlucky the other day when they lost 3-2 to a late goal at Swansea. However, I have to back Liverpool. They put in a much improved display against Arsenal last weekend and Jurgen Klopp will want his side to build on that.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-1 (10/1 with Sky Bet)

Liverpool vs Burnley

March 12, 2017, 3:30pm

Live on

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Bournemouth V West Ham United hmmm I think 1-2 west ham win.

Everton V West Bromwich Albion battle, both on hols after it. 1-1

Hull City V Swansea City HARD to call. will be a real battle. 1-0?

Liverpool V Burnley 0-2. i've called it lads. but this is on tv and a home game... its incredibly hard to call.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lawro has gone for home win.

Liverpool v Burnley (Premier League, 16:00 GMT)

I am at Anfield on Sunday for Match of the Day 2 and in many ways - especially in relation to the rest of the season - this is Liverpool's biggest game for a long time.

Forget about the Reds' wins over Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City at home in the past few weeks because we know what Burnley are all about - they showed that in their win over Liverpool at Turf Moor in August.

Liverpool had 81% of possession when they played Burnley in August, but still lost. The heat map representing touches for Burnley (l) and Liverpool (r) helps to illustrate the Reds' dominance in possession - they played 852 passes to Burnley's 207 - but they could not turn that into meaningful chances, let alone goals. Jurgen Klopp's side had 26 shots, but most of them were from distance.
    The Clarets have only picked up two points away from home all season but they are still very difficult to break down and we know that Liverpool really struggle against teams like that.

So I am looking at this game and thinking what will Liverpool do to change that.

I think the Reds will win and I am certainly not expecting a repeat of their performance against Leicester when they got everything wrong.

But whether that happens depends on Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino finding some consistency - because they have not been at their best recently. While Sadio Mane and Adam Lallana have been great, those other two have been a little bit iffy.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

CFC Fan TV's prediction: 1-1

Stephen: Liverpool have been massively inconsistent in 2017. They can look good but sometimes they look awful - and being a United fan, I can't predict a Liverpool win.

Full Time Devils' prediction: 1-1