1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Get there before Lawro !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Jan 13, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>On Sunday Liverpool away to Old Tratford, this is a game of the week. For Liverpool
    to challenge for the title it's a must win game and a game united cannot afford to lose also.
    My prediction: Manchester United 2:3Liverpool.

Other fixtures and predictions:

Saturday 14th January 2017
    Tottenham Hotspur V West Bromwich Albion 2:0
    Burnley V Southampton 2:1
    Hull City V Bournemouth 1:2
    Sunderland V Stoke City 2:1
    Swansea City V Arsenal 2:2
    Watford V Middlesbrough 2:1
    West Ham United V Crystal Palace 2:2
    Leicester City V Chelsea 2:1

Sunday 15th January 2017
    Everton V Manchester City 2:2
    Manchester United V Liverpool 2:3

What does Lawro think?

Man Utd v Liverpool (16:00 GMT)

Manchester United got a 0-0 draw at Anfield in October in a game that was basically a Jose Mourinho masterpiece.

His gameplan was to restrict Liverpool to relatively few chances, and it worked.

please log in to view this image

United will be far more ambitious in attack at Old Trafford, however, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has some big decisions to make over the fitness of some of his players.

If Joel Matip is 75% fit I think Klopp will be tempted to play him, especially if Jordan Henderson is not quite ready.

This is a massive game for both teams and I think it will end up with a point apiece. I think Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham would settle for that result too.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Paul Merson have an idea>
    United have won six on the spin in the league but they started this run sixth in the league and they are still sixth. I think they are big players if they win this match, but if they lose then you are looking at whether they will get in the top four. That’s how tight it is at the top at the moment.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017