1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!!! To all the pessimistic Saints and people that hate Adkins!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by RickieLambertsGoldenBoot, Mar 2, 2011.

1. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

We have games in hand and are close enough to get into the top 2.

Teams still have to play each other and teams will fall behind making the path more clear.

We dominated last night. If you heard on the radio and read the stats on BBC you would realise that.

Adkins is not to blame in the slightest last night.

Walsall's keeper played a blinder so well done to him for that. We pushed and pushed but this was just one of those days.

GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!!!

2. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

BOOM! WELL SAID!!! CHIN UP, MOVE ON AND GET NEHIND THE LADS!!

COYRs

3. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

We can all have opinions....

4. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

True, but damn, one result and theeres an entire thread full of people slating him... the same people that were loving him last week??? !

COYRs

5. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

It's silly calling for Adkins head lads... Give the guy a break!

He and the team should have done alot better last night...Went to the game and the passing was poor, just lacked motivation to chase the ball. Disappointing! That 1 game!

Judge him end of may but in the meantime we all need to be united to get behind the team and Nigel.

This time of the season is the most difficult - so let's start making it intimidating for the opposition at St Mary's!!

6. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Not sure that people are asking for his head yet, although there is no denying that over the last 6 or 7 games they have been playing very erratic. Stops and Starts, the forward line is not clicking enough. Guly has gone off the boil since his signing. Although I know he pulled up on Saturday with an injury. They are in and out of form just a bit worrying.

7. saintstance

saintstance New Member

Agree with Kingsland. We HAVE to get behind them. Last night was a very bad result, but at least we created plenty of chances- plus, Saturday v Swindon was the sort of game we'd have lost not long ago. If Adkins doesn't get promoted he'll be sacked in the summer anyway. In the meantime- get behind them!!!!

8. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

The biggest problem right now could be the number of injuries that we have suddenly picked up. Even Oxo is carrying a slight hamstring tear apparently so maybe we are not as well placed player wise as normal.

Morgan will be a miss and he was injured trying to beat the keeper close in.

I am bitterly disappointed but still feel if we win 10 of our last 15 we will be up.

9. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

If Adkins is short on players we ccan use the emergency loan market and see if you can get someone for a few months.

He has my full backing!

10. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

I remain behind the player and Nigel, but I would admit I have surfacing concerns. We cannot act now and sacking Mr. Adkins is a totally ridiculous idea.

I will be there backing the lads as much as possible in Colchester on Saturday, and let's see where these last 15 games take us.

11. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

We could we even more clever and recall our loaned Players!!

12. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

Wouldn't want Puncheon back. Uninterested now he has found 'stardom of the PL'.

We need better impact subs definately.

Another thing to remember is that there are 15 games left = 45 points up for grabs. Never say never ;)

13. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Not even close to never! I am bemused by some of those slagging off Adkins when we had 11 shots on target 9 off target and, no I wasn't there, but from the radio commentary, their goalie played a blinder. I would suggest that the players themselves need to look at their finishing, but the tactics can't have been that bad? The fact that he has been nominated for February Manager of the month suggests others don't think his tactics are too bad either.
    We are all entitled to express an opinion, of course, even those who shoot from the hip immediately after a disappointment.

14. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Adkins' tactics weren't wrong - in fact they looked good as Schneiderlin was going to be playing behind the strikers and that was in taters just 2 minutes in after his injury - not Nige's fault.

Was a sh*t result but we have no choice but to get over it and win on Saturday , it's the only way the players can repay the fans.

15. timatoketchup

timatoketchup Well-Known Member

Adkins will come good, One loss is not the end of the world but I am a bit concerned with the lack of consistency results wise.
    A win on Saturday will make everyone relax.

16. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we have used up a lot of our bad luck and are due for for a better rub of the green, as I see it there seven or eight teams in the mix and it will take very little change for one or two to advance quickly and others to fall away, it must be the most competitive Division One ever so you cannot make comparisons with previous examples. We have the capability to be in the top three, but it needs everyone to pull together. Third place does not guarantee promotion, the Play offs could be our only way up but do we need the extra agro?

17. bpl234

bpl234 Member

until the following weekend.....

18. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Until Tuesday actually, we have Yeovil to worry about!

19. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

We need to be consistent.

Remember last season when we had a huge run of results: I predicted that we would lose at home to Gillingham as I thought Gilligham were pretty good (shows how much I knew about League 1) we won 4-1 and that led to a run of games with us going something like 16 games unbeaten.

A run will happen soon, but knowing Saints it won't be until the last 5 or 6 games. We always leave things very late. But chin up!

We move on and look forward!

COYR!