1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Get a Load of Rodgers, His Dossier Won Celtic the Scottish Prem Title

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, Apr 2, 2017.

1. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Maybe, But Celtic are still getting CL money (if they can get through the qualifying) as well as SPL winners money. So while the SPL pot might dwindle, provided they can get to the group stages of CL, they're still making a pretty penny and a whole heap more than the rest of the SPL.
    As I understand it there isn't alot of money in the SPL atm anyway and crowds have fallen, hence why the rest of the league is going backwards and providing less competition these days.

2. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Roger, Rangers won many titles by breaking rules over a long period of time, they also broke financial rules, the Scottish FA had no choice but to take action resulting in Rangers(old co)going bust and the new co starting in the bottom league.
    There's talk of an "Atlantic League" in the future involving the Old Firm, Ajax, Feyenoord, Anderlecht, Brugge and others from the smaller leagues in Europe, it won't happen unless the big European clubs in the top European leagues form their own "Super League".

Due to the greed within the game I expect it to happen in the not to distant future.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah.. exactly how deila smith won 3 is beyond me. they got so bad in europe is was actually ridiculous. I mean as a direct comparisons lennon was in CL and did "ok" but saw writing on wall and jumped. Since then he's been USELESS.

yet... yet... i see rogers could do a good job at an upper mid table club say like everton who might want to win something.. ehhh no.

sorry not in my opinion.

I agree. he's done well with two players basically scoring a ton of goals for him but he' got to prove himself in europe. its the only place he can. their threshold there is get form 2nd rounds quali to group phase. if they get groups they party and play 3 games at home with intensity. thats it. rogers acheivement thus far is following the pattern.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Beeb did a report on Georgia on the world service last week. Apparently the once lofty Dinamo Tiblisi who won the cup winners cup in the early 80's fails to get more than 1000 people showing up to some games now.

Fans watch the big leagues in Georgia, they don't watch their own domestic league. It may never get quite that bad for Scotland but it will probably trend in that direction.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Income i income. it can't get much lower IMO. Roger i right. the CL money (when it comes) makes them far richer than anyone else in the league but its not assured as they need play 2 teams to get to group phase.

With ronnie deila (sp?) in there they were sinking and imo thats why celetic made the change... they were rewarded by getting to groups stage which imo is all they can do anyway.

Rogers has to CONSISTENTLY get there plus win the trophies at home to prove anything.

And if you look at celtics sales in last 5 years

Van Dijk
    Wanyama
    Forester
    joe ledley (half nothing)
    Ki

next will be dembele

I am looking at this and i see a **** tonne of nomarks leaving them so it looks to me they go shopping and their league allows guys that have not been picked up to make a name for themselves or they move them on quick. It doesn't look like true genius, jsut a lot of movement of guys. but in fairness they find players and make them soe fame through that same european exposure... and the mid table clubs like the saints have ploughed the furrow up there to get players.

If celtic start thinking 40mil for a player can be gotten they will cut their own throats on this one though.... dembele 500k to 40mil? nahhhhhh. he wa expected to be decent from his fulham days but his contract was nearly up and celtic punted on him when fulham were on their knees.

how many guys have we tried that on like LOL

6. moreinjuredthanowen

don't agree. the scots like their bit of rough :bandit: but in general a truely uncompetitve league is no good you are right but when theres a 70k or soemthing ground full for the bigger games the trend is not happening yet.

the other thing about gerogia is i'd say its safer stay home between the holligans and falling down ground.

7. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

I can't help but think it, Celtic winning the SPL was always going to be a foregone conclusion and that's why it's such a borefest, no matter who's manager. Had Moyes been manager they would have won it! That said, if Rodgers gets another job on the strength of this fair play to him, but IMO he's never going to be good enough for a club like Liverpool.

8. Page_Moss_Kopite

9. moreinjuredthanowen

I see charlie nicholas lives in a dream world

he thinks some hibernian mafia will come and pump in cash and the moeny i nthe prem would be huge.

but he forgets the wages will sky rocket and half thier players coudn't cut it here. simply put they would be mid tbale IMO as of now

10. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

They'd be mistable at the moment as they have an ok squad with 2/3 good players but they would have the potential to break into top 6 more so than Everton, West Ham, saints etc.

They're a bigger club than most and would be able to attract better players because of the increased TV money while stadium and fan base would be something a lot of players may want to play in.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

They already had a millionaire yank owner years ago, Fergus McCann rebuilt Celtic Park and pumped in the money that broke the Rangers grip on the league up there during the huns years of having 'top' players at their club.
    And if they did ever end up in England's top flight they wouldn't keep the same standard of player they have now in Scotland.
    They'd then be shopping at Harrod's instead of the present day trips to Home Bargains.