1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gerken to miss start of season - Problem?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by EnderMB, Jul 26, 2011.

1. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2401803,00.html

Should we be worried by this?

Obviously, James is fit and will be our #1 this season, although a lot of news sites are stating that we could be looking into getting another keeper in to deputise while Gerken is out. I'd link to them, but I can't remember the links and I'm at work.

I seriously hope that this is shoddy journalism, as from what I've seen Lewis Carey is more than capable of being a sub keeper for us. If Millen is seriously considering getting off the phone in search for defenders and midfielders to find a keeper who may play half an hour if he's lucky then I may lose faith.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

is basso still available?

4. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

I actually wouldn't mind signing the guy again IF we needed another goalkeeper, although that's entirely dependent on whether the lack of first-team football at the twilight of his career has had a hugely negative impact.

As I've made clear already, I really don't think we need a third-string keeper on the books when we have a capable academy goalkeeper who can fill in for a game or two. If things are really bad then there are plenty of teams that would loan out an emergency keeper to us.