1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gera to Stay

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jun 2, 2011.

1. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Good Luck Zolly! And thanks for some great memories!

I look forward to him coming back with West Brom and getting a very strong chorus of "Gera! Gera! Gera!"

As promised, the name lives on at Craven Cottage - I ain't changing (just following the traditions of Captain, Super BM etc) And obviously, he stays in my all-time list below.

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Well said Gerascores - you keep the name - good on you!!

He will be missed and he will most definately get a good reception from my brother and I when he comes down to CC

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Like the rest of you, sad to see one of our favourites go.

That said, if he was on big wages (and I don't know what he was on), given the aging squad and the number of good wingers with more years behind them than ahead, it makes sense not to renew his contract on the same money. I don't blame him for not wanting to accept that deal, but I can also see where the club was (possibly) coming from.

Gera has a splendid place in our past, but we need newer, younger players to carve out a similar place in our future. Farewell Zolly, as others have said, you can always expect a roaringly positive reception when you come back to the Cottage, and quite right too.