1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Football Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

This is excellent news and by the looks of things Allardyce is out-numbered...

upload_2017-5-19_9-46-10.png

My only gripe would be that it doesn't go far enough. Sounds like only a dive leading to a sending off or penalty will be reviewed. I'd like to see a first yellow card situation added to that list too as that could also have an impact on the rest of the game.

JM Fan likes this.
  2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I have long said they need to do something about this. My issue is that it puts too much pressure on referees to punish diving in the game, things happen very quickly and it'd be very easy for a ref to give out yellows to players perceived as diving when they are legitimate fouls. I'd like to scrap the yellow card in the game for diving (because its not enough punishment anyway imo.) and the ref makes the call on whether its a foul or not. Then all dubious events get reviewed and large bans are handed out to offenders. It needs to be eradicated and I think thats the best way to do it so as to not effect the game.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Wow! 6-1!? 4 for Kane?! :emoticon-0137-clapp

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Interesting to see Ipswich are releasing Christophe Berra. Think there will be a fair few Championship clubs interested.

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excerpts from an MB interview with GH - “I’d be foolish to say I didn’t want to come back to Norwich and do coaching, because this is where I live,” Holt added.
    “Everyone knows I enjoy being here, my family does. I do the ambassador stuff with the club and the Community Sports Foundation, and I enjoy trying to give back. This club was good to me and I hope people think I was good for it. So it’s nice to come back and try to help out. “So yes, you’d like to be involved at some point. I’m not sure at the moment there are any jobs there that are right for me, but that’s up to them to have their own structure – and at the moment, I think they have probably got more important things to worry about than whether Grant Holt can have a job."

I'd like to see him involved with coaching, as he has the right attitude to impart on younger players.
    Full article here - http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...r-unsure-of-where-he-ll-end-up-next-1-5025111

SuffolkCanary and canary-dave like this.
  6. Forgot_My_Lines

I pretty much said all that the other week and got lambasted for saying I'd like to see some club legends stay on and take coaching badges. It's not a popular idea.

7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

NA has done it, and so has Hucks, but there has to be a limit as to how many ex-players it is possible to accommodate. I would think two or three maximum at any given time, starting at youth level and working their way up

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

GH could arrive tomorrow and teach (what's left of) the squad a thing or two about passion, drive, leadership, not letting heads drop and giving 100% for the 90+ minutes of a match, not turning up for one half or the other. <ok> Sign him up SW, because all of the above went badly awol last season.

JM Fan likes this.
  9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

10. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Oh to have a captain with that drive. It's not Martin, nor is it Howson in my opinion. Who? I have no idea, none of the current crop.

JM Fan likes this.

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That may well be the case FML, but someone with the attributes of GH I'd certainly welcome into the coaching set up at Colney. As others have said on the MFW article that Cromer mentioned, I can't ever remember seeing his head drop and he'd 'cajole' the rest of the team to up their game and try to outscore the opposition - something Rusty has NEVER done and I'm not sure if Howson has that ability either.
    I wonder who is going to get the captain's armband next season. :emoticon-0138-think

canary-dave likes this.
  13. Forgot_My_Lines

We can't know, because it sounds like the whole squad is being released on a free this Summer. Even our Key players. Seems like next Season is a rebuild season rather that a promotion push. Should have done this last season!

JM Fan likes this.
  14. Forgot_My_Lines

15. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

He's just being honest, he can't make top four, so he has to protect his depleted squad to give them their best chance at qualifying for Champions League by winning the Europa Cup!

JM Fan likes this.
  16. Forgot_My_Lines

By saying "I'm having to play these youngsters because of the Premier League fixtures wont change to my preference. So I'm having to play these young players. Who are sh*t."

17. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

A look back at some of the lows and lows from last season.
    Well worth 16 minutes of your time <ok>

18. canary-dave

please log in to view this image

ncgandy likes this.
  19. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Happy 35th birthday, twinkletoes <ok>

20. canary-dave

Got its own thread!