1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General Football Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Aug 11, 2015.

1. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

This look like a very boring Liverpool team this season, feeling positive we could get something from them this season. Bournemouth will be a little unlucky if they don't get anything from this game.

2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I'd like Bournemouth to stay up, would be a great story, for a great young squad and manager. Watford, Sunderland and....One other would do. Very hard to pick a 3rd which is worrying. Maybe Leicester, but they look bloody strong so far.

3. woodbine

I thought Leicester might be down there, but they look better than I thought they would. Still too early on to say who'll be in the bottom 3, most teams apart from Sunderland are playing quite well.

4. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

yeah the temptation is to do that, but it reminds me of so much of our country at present, where those at the bottom are encouraged to fight amongst themselves over scraps while those at the top carry on reaping the rewards of an unfair two tier system. Whereever theres money...

5. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

West Brom - this will be the season that Pulis loses that tag of having never been relegated (remember where you heard it first ;))
    Or it could be or Villa, I'm confident that we'll finish above both clubs at least.

6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Is it me or have Bournemouth replaced Swansea as the media's darlings ? Don't feel sorry for Bournemouth either because they are in the Lower 'mini league' with us. Yes they were robbed last night but other than a few passing comments I didn't see the media going overboard about Jerome's disallowed goal last week like they are right now.

**** 'em

DHCanary and canary-dave like this.
  7. yarco canary

yarco canary Well-Known Member

This <ok><ok>
    Eddie Howe and his charges are certainly "flavour of the month"

As much as I like the underdog,any team dropping points is good news for us

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I look on it as Karma, they were given twice as many penalties as anyone else last season and had an unreal amount of opposition players sent off! (Didn't work with Howson though! ;))

9. Tony_Munky_Canary

To be fair to Bournemouth their story is pretty amazing, from being on the brink of dropping out of league football and going bust to the Premier League for the first time in their history within six years - it's an incredible story and I'm neither surprised, or even the tiniest bit annoyed that they are getting love from the media this season, good on em I say. Not sure why it ever bothers anyone to be honest, you don't get bonus points every time some nondescipt pundit almost creams themselves after mentioning you in glowing terms last time I looked.

And I'd actually say Jerome's goal did get lots of media scrutiny and attention, it was talked about all week last week and we received a lot of sympathy from all and sundry!! The difference perhaps is that Jerome's incident happened on a day when there were half a dozen or so other games to talk about, the game last night was the only one to talk about today so of course it's going to be the main topic of conversation and debate on the back pages so again I don't really see an issue here and think you are exagerating somewhat.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    danary and royalbarclayfan like this.
  10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd had the same thought. Jerome's disallowed goal wasn't mentioned on the front page of BBC Sport, Eddie Howe having a moan is headline news. Granted there's less to talk about Tuesday morning, but still.

11. Tony_Munky_Canary

I'm virtually 100% certain it would have been had ours been the Monday night game. Seriously, this is a complete non-story, it really is.

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  12. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

Ah, some sanity. Completely agree.

13. woodbine

Brighton scoring within 16 seconds, what a start they're having to the season. Hughton sure is good at Championship level, it's just the Premier League that seems a step up too far for him.

14. Forgot_My_Lines

Carrick own goal was comical, but Depays goal was unreal!! You can see why they call him the new Ronaldo! Fantastic skill, control, composure and finish!

15. woodbine

It's so annoying BT got the rights to show all Champions League games, at least when SKY had it ITV showed some games. I know people hated their coverage, but it was good having it on a freeview channel.

16. Forgot_My_Lines

I have had BT for Internet a couple of years, their prem games have gotten better and better. I didn't think I'd be able to watch this, but channels working. So either I get it with my package or they auto charged me the extra £5 a month. Il need to check my bill. To be honest, an extra fiver a month for all those champions league games and Europa league. I don't mind too much either way. Brugge are taking it to Man U. Interesting game.

17. Forgot_My_Lines

Amazing. Depay again, awesome goal!! This lad I knew was class....he has finally introduced himself! Look out premiership, this boy is on fire!

18. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Yeah I've not signed up to the european channel (yet) but seem to be able to watch this game. To be honest I agree that £5/month for the champions league games, which do seem to liven up Tuesday and Wednesday evenings is a pretty good deal. I quite like the model were you add a bit more to the package for various competitions, however I'd end up signing up to too many of them.

19. woodbine

You don't sign up, BT automatically presume you want it and charge you the 5 pounds extra a month. That is if you were getting BT Sports free with Broadband, if you get it on BT TV then I think there's no extra cost.

I left BT this month, I didn't really want to pay for 2 subscriptions to watch football.

20. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Yeah, really annoying that Murdoch has got competition at last. Sky been ripping off the punters for years now all of a sudden BT are offering affordable footy to those savvy enough to realise this, shame that

goldeneadie and Walsh.i.am like this.