1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Apr 27, 2017.

?

General election

1. Conservative

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Labour

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Libdem

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

I don't know why anyone votes Labour anyway. Their last government put more PFI business through the NHS than even Thatcher contemplated and we'll be paying for that for years. Not that it showed up on Gordon Brown's balance sheets until they got kicked out and we started finding "sorry, there's no money left" stickers (yes it was a joke, but it wasn't wrong either). And Gordon's solution to unemployment was to massively expand the state sector, which couldn't possibly have worked in the long term, but by then his and Tony B. Liar's "legacies" would have been secured and it would have been left for the Tories to clear up the mess. Again.

The difference this election is that, for once, Labour's claim that only they can protect the NHS is falling on deaf ears. People aren't daft and they know that (a) Labour ****ed the NHS over big-time with the PFI, (b) money doesn't grow on trees and we need a strong economy to pay for public services like the NHS and (c) the economic omnishambles that Labour left behind will take years to put right. And whatever you say about the Tories, and **** knows they're no angels, they've enabled the private sector to pick up Gordon's excess public sector staff that got the boot in the recession. Finally, if there's a fight looming with the EU we all know who we'd rather have in our corner, given a choice between them and Jezza. Just like most would have picked Thatcher over Michael Foot when the Argies invaded the Falklands.

I live in a constituency that routinely votes Tory (58% of the vote last time out) so my vote won't affect the outcome. But I'll be out there putting X to paper again in June for our MP, even if he is a complete goon!

Mackem-Tiz and Tel (they/them) like this.
  2. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Trust none of the bastards.

3. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Excellent post mate!

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

May is a ****ing joke, easily the worst of the lot, she'd eat her own children for a chance to grab at power. You can't possibly know what you are voting for as her policies will change depending on opinion polls and whatever Murdoch orders her to do. she doesn't give 2 ****s for the country or anyone in it, all she cares about is power. Talks about battling ISIS, then goes abroad to suck the dicks of their financial backers.

As to labour ****ing the NHS, get real, that was Thatcher, who along with Howe, had planned to totally scrap the NHS and free education, and started dismantling it and selling it off, as proven last year when the documents outlining the plan were released.

It also has to be said that it doesn't really matter, the people in control won't change regardless of who gets in power as the people who are really in charge are the unelected civil servants and parliamentary secretaries.

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Official figures are showing a rise in diseases such as gout, cholera, whooping cough and malnutrition. Tory's are dragging our health system back to the Victorian age already.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Conspiracy theories seem to play an awfully big part of any election campaign nowadays.

I can't imagine how sad and desperate my life would be if I disturbed myself with such irrelevant crap on a day-to-day basis.

I'd like to think I'd accidentally stumble into a big meat grinder so that I didn't get chance to influence those around me.

haslam likes this.
  7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Spot on mate..Hundreds of thousands (which I believe was a disparate group of left wingers not previously associated with labour) joined the party in order to get and keep him as leader.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  8. Tel (they/them)

Do you feel like your party has been hi-jacked by hippies?

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

whys no one voting the Lib Dems?

Better than Corbyn check.

Better than May check

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  10. Mackem-Tiz

Tim farron is a prick! Prefer Corbyn to him and that's saying something!

11. MrRAWhite

A very well organised left wing group called Momentum were the ones who used social media to great affect to hi-jack the leadership vote.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  12. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

The NHS wasnt set up to do boob jobs, knob extensions, tattoo removal etc. The NHS should be doing what it was set up to do and that was look after and care for all UK citizens regardless of wealth. Tattoo removal, let them pay. Knob extensions let them pay foreigners (who most have put sweet FA into it) let them pay. Thats not difficult thats easy to control. If the NHS is in a heap of debt and not performing why are there so many private companies wanting to get involved? I cannot imagine for one minute its to help the poor. I just wonder if theres lots of cash to be made. There are too many diverse things happening with the NHS now that should never have happened.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Anyone hear the interview with that daft labour bint getting questioned over new coppers.

She made a reet **** up of it. <laugh>

14. Tel (they/them)

****ing tragic, Dianne Abbott, complete toad.

Makemstine Roger and Billy Death like this.
  15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Thats her. Was a ****ing slug of a woman.

Tel (they/them) and Billy Death like this.
  16. Mackem-Tiz

Horrible nasty woman and she's a racist!
    Piers Morgan was apparently shouting at her on breakfast telly about nuclear weapons lol

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I was watching that on the news as I was eating my tea.
    What a ****ing tit she made of herself. <laugh>
    The Tories don't need to attack Labour.
    They do it all by themselves.
    That ****ing DJ tore her a new arsehole, <laugh>

18. MrRAWhite

How on earth that woman ever got to be an MP is beyond me, and now she is a prominent member of the shadow cabinet! Hopefully she will be one of the first casualties once this road crash is over with.

19. Tel (they/them)

Hopefully she'll just be shot in the face with a bazooka.

20. MrRAWhite

She looks like that has already happened, mate..