1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Apr 27, 2017.

?

General election

1. Conservative

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Labour

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Libdem

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

But the Tories are **** though aren't they you fat twat?
    And you have to remember, Jerry killed you with a stiletto heel in poster death match. :cheesy:

3. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Shut it, you illegitimate git :)

Although you are right about the Tories being ****. Still better than the Corbynistas though ;)

Billy Death likes this.
  4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

To be fair to Raw this an ongoing chat with Woody but Woody is only posting once a day. It's not persistence... It's the same conversation! <laugh>

Deleted, Sidthemackem and Billy Death like this.
  5. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

That'll be those dastardly unions!

Back to the 1970's future, here we come.

6. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'll have you know my mam & dad were married when they shagged to make me.
    **** sake mate, what an awful thought.
    I almost feel the need to be sick now, lol.

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

8. MrRAWhite

i persist with it because it is a fact.. The debt was 960 billion in 2010 and it is now 1.76 trillion. And yes i do believe that labour would have managed the debt far better by not reducing taxes for the super rich and by sensible controlled investment.

9. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

You don't think then that it would continue to rise if Labour had just won the election then? And in a year's time me saying the debt had gone up under Labour would actually mean they were failing? As for cutting taxes for the "super rich" I take it you mean reducing the top rate from 50% 45%? HMRC's own figures showed that the tax take from that was far lower than Darling budgeted for. You raise taxes and people change their behaviour. The war against legal avoidance schemes is practically won, but the only thing that will get the rich (now anyone earning over £80k apparently) back interested in them is further tax rises. Means Corbyn's manifesto has a contradiction, in that he proposed raising revenue by raising taxes and clamping down on avoidance at the same time!

Barking...

10. MrRAWhite

i said they would have managed this debt far better and would have started to reduce it long before now..
    Supporting a party that has doubled the debt and reduced service to ordinary people while giving tax cuts to the rich is what's barking in my opinion..

11. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

We're going to have to wait and see how Comrade Jez gets on then. Can't see the Tory/DUP government lasting, although it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be too popular causing yet another vote....

12. MrRAWhite

The manifesto is not a far left one though Sid, and I agree that the result was far from just Corbyn's increased popularity. The Tories utterly useless campaign as well as Brexit undoubtedly played its part..

13. Brian Storm

People are sick of the cuts. They've effected some walks of life. Foolish of the Tories to think it was a Brexit vote therefore forgone conclusion. Too much wrong with the country to make it about just one thing, I think this reflected in the amount of seats Labour took directly off the Tories. People of Britain are intelligent enough to juggle multiple concerns.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  14. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

It seems that North of the Boarder, Mrs Sturgeon made it about another Referendum to break with The Union and to stay in The EEC.

In getting the answer she didn't want, she seems to have ensured that The Tory Party won the most Scottish seats they have held for over 30 years.
    There also seems to be some agitation to sack her husband from his role as CEO of The SNP.

Had she played HER hand differently, who knows what the figures might have come out like.

However, I can't see those seats ALL being retained next time.

J๏E.. likes this.
  15. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

I don't actually disagree with this. "Austerity" is really another name for living within your means, but there comes a point where the economy needs a bit of a re-boot and we've been at it for a year or two. Should be effected partly by government spending and partly by tax cuts. Those on the left can bleat about "tax cuts for the rich" as much as they like, but they get money moving just as quickly as direct government spending. Difficult judgment call to make though, as the £ dropping means that inflation is a real risk and that would bump up interest rates. Not that I'm worried as I have a fixed-rate mortgage that should see me alreet...

16. Brian Storm

I've said a few times on this thread, had the Tories taxed the rich in addition to the cuts, they'd be untouchable now, the country would be in good shape and in position to reinvest in services. What's more it would have been at every bodies sacrifice. That would have been a country everybody would have been proud off. But the Tories are only interested in austerity for the lower classes so we've got this mess of a country they've badly undercoated and borrowed a fortune. They ****ed up due to their own greed.

17. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

I do actually disagree with this. Top 1% of earners pay 27% of all income tax; top 5% nearly half. Anyway, I'm off for a pint with my cousin Don. He makes you and RAW look like a pair of fascists :)

chaosuk, MrRAWhite and Brian Storm like this.
  18. MrRAWhite

But in the Tories case it has been tax cuts for the rich and so called austerity for the rest of us.. The vast majority of people live within their means and are now paying for the greedy bankers who caused this mess.

19. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Absolute bullshit that comment mate..

I had a great standard of living but because I ****ing care I gave it all up to raise my daughter and look after my Cerebral cabbage of a wife that goes downhill weekly for the last 8 years.

Austerity for me is reality and until you have it then don't bandy it around like the flummery of the Conservative limp wristed society that couldn't punch there way out of a paper bag outside of Westminster..

The Southern dreamers on the outskirts vote them in, the lemmings of gormless, University educated but so alienated to the real world. At the moment they outnumber the rest but just look at last week and where the vote went in region, Cities and age. Prehestoric austerity is not the way forward, neither is a incompetent, dithering, so called ego merchant who relied on a couple of handbags to get them through the day..

The Country is in a mess and why everyone was looking at 'Red Jeremy', the mess makers were making it even messier..<ok>

20. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

What people don't seem to want realize is that May probably had the worst build up to a general election other than saying they were bringing in compulsory euthanasia in for anybody over 70 and she still hammered Corbyn, the Lass has said she will learn from her mistakes which is better than Corbyn dragging us back 50 years he has learnt naff all.