1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic GENERAL ELECTION CALLED - 8th JUNE 2017

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Apr 18, 2017.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I think you have it pretty much nailed on DH <ok>

2. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Remind me what she said to those Goldman sachs bankers again?

3. Canary Rob

Agreed, but that's still a majority of well over 100 (I know 140 is ridiculous, that's just on current polls), which is comfortably enough to silence the backbenchers...

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

They won't be silenced Rob, the 1922 still hold a lot of influence within the party. <ok>

I only wish that Alan Clark was still alive! He would've loved all the drama!

5. Canary Rob

I'm not claiming they'll be silenced! Lord knows they're the shoutiest bunch around!

I'm just saying it will strengthen her hand considerably within her own party.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Corbyn has more Election problems than Pele....

7. Canary Rob

8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

9. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Come on don't be silly.

I don't know any leavers who thought only positive's would come from leaving.

I also think most remainers realised that there were quiet a few negatives in remaining.

Most grown up's balanced up the negatives & positives of each alternative and came to a decision.

Some agreed with you, some took the other view.

Going forward it can only help if people accepted the result and move on.

KIO, WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM and ncgandy like this.
  10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I didn't think we could negotiate a deal until we leave the EU.....so we are currently not even in a queue...I'm sure when we are able to negotiate America will be able to make a deal............

11. Canary Rob

It's such a shame. A fairly reasonable post that then has to be let down by this, the most anti-democratic, intolerant and hypocritical of the attitudes of those who were narrow victors of the referendum.

Did people tell the French resistance to just suck it up and get on with the Vichy regime?

Do you think the likes of Farage would have just given up?

The fact is it is now abundantly obvious that it was a bad idea and every single one of the serious economists' predictions have come true. It's also clear that the Leave campaign were wildly misleading and utterly cynical in the picture they painted of a post-Brexit future for the UK.

Fortunately, May has done the right thing and will almost certainly win a massive majority which will allow her to deliver the soft Brexit that she knows is the only way of keeping our economy safe.

The only problem is that a soft Brexit means everyone's a loser, but that's what happens when the political elite stitch voters up.

12. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Narrow victors? Hmm only by over 1,000,000 votes <doh>

13. Canary Rob

<laugh>! You leavers love a bit of hyperbole now!

1m sounds like a big number, but 52/48 is narrow.

Since last year's referendum c.500k pensioners have died and 750k young people can vote. That's comfortably enough to have flipped the votes round...

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

You remainers love to presume to know how the youth would vote.

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

FFS Rob you and the rest of the remainers should get behind your country, get behind the Government (whichever it is), and ensure Brexit is a success because IT IS HAPPENNING.
    There's no point arguing the toss, instead you and the rest of the deluded should embrace Brexit for what it is, it is in the interests of us all.
    If that silly bitch Gina Miller hadn't wasted money on taking the bloody issue to the high court, we wouldn't be having a GE and we wouldn't be about to see a Tory landslide victory, think on !
    Personally I'm pleased because Ms May will now be able to get on with the job with no interfering from that Dick Corbyn and that Krankie cow.
    Basically the Remainers keep shooting themselves in the foot and they're too bloody minded and ignorant to stop doing so <laugh>

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Gina Miller is using her money to try and get a place on Celeb Big Brother or I'm a Celebrity.

johnnywarksmoustache and KIO like this.
  17. Canary Rob

Do you think that's what people were told when Hitler got democratically elected? Suck it up because Nazism's happening guys, let's all get behind the Third Reich.

No, they didn't.

When Hughton was kept in charge, did you just suck it up and get behind the team? Did you think come on let's keep clapping? No. You complained about the current regime.

I believe in democracy. And believing in democracy means believing in a right to oppose what the current regime is doing.

Brexit is most certainly not in my interests and I know it's not in the economic interests of most of the country. It's a disaster. I agree it's happening, and I accept that, but accepting it doesn't mean I can't complain about it and the disgraceful behaviour of the political elite manipulating the country for their own political ends.

You can sit there win your fingers in your ears if you want, but don't tell people to shut up when they complain. That really is fascism, and it's hypocritical because there is no way leavers would have shut up if the result had been reversed.

DHCanary and Walsh.i.am like this.
  18. Canary Rob

In any event, I'm excited about the GE. It's basically going to ruin hard Brexit <laugh>

19. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Hitler or Hughton, can't decide who was worst! <doh> FS you guys...get a grip.

20. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Canary Rob likes this.