1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Garth Crooks worried by Defoe's performance!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by marcusblackcat, Jan 16, 2017.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Well this ****er has said he's worried about how Defoe played at the weekend!

Guess we lost because of this and not the fact that we had no midfield and couldn;t defend!!!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/1...-was-worried-by-sunderland-star-jermain-defo/

BBC Sport pundit Garth Crooks has expressed his worry over Jermain Defoe's performance for Sunderland against Stoke City.

The Black Cats lost 3-1 at home to Stoke City at the weekend, failing to take advantage of a potentially winnable fixture.

Crooks was commenting in his Team of the Week column, in which he selected Stoke City striker Marko Arnautovic, while warning about Defoe.

please log in to view this image
    Sunderland's Jermain Defoe

He said: "I couldn't help but notice an air of discouragement about Jermain Defoe's performance against Stoke.

"The last thing the Black Cats need is a disillusioned Defoe. If they lose him they really are sunk."

Sunderland are already in trouble, currently sitting in 19th place, and their next two games are tricky ties against West Brom and Tottenham Hotspur.

please log in to view this image
    Sunderland's Jermain Defoe celebrates scoring their first goal

Defoe has recently been subject of interest from West Ham, with The BBC reporting the East London club had a £6 million quickly rejected by Sunderland.

He scored Sunderland's goal against Stoke, but the problem was that by time he netted, the away side had already struck three times themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    So he has a "team of the week" column and decides to bring up Defoe even though he's not in it?

****er!

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of the game but it sounds like he's mistaking Defoe being pissed off at being 3-0 down as him being unhappy at the club.

If we'd been 3-0 up then I'm sure Crooks would have had no reason to make that observation.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Hard to argue with his team of the week this week mind.

Defoe has been a model professional these last few weeks, but it wouldn't surprise me if he is hoping to leave and if he does, it's only because Short has made it abundantly clear your club is going nowhere, fast.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

No arguments at all - I think he's a dickhead completely but agree with his selections - just he obviously didn't see our game if he singles out Defoe!

Also hard to argue with any part of your point tel! Sad reality. Although I suppose I could pick on the "nowhere" bit - I wish we were good enough to go nowhere!

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I've never seen Defoe (both here or anywhere else) play a game without crinkling his nose and frowning in frustration after a poor bit of service. Just the way he is. He likes a good moan. In his mind every through ball should be weighted perfectly so he can be a 60 goal a season striker <laugh> Crooks is flapping, Defoe moaned at his service all last season too yet went nowhere.

Fentonpell and marcusblackcat like this.
  6. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I don't think much of Crooks as a pundit so don't give a monkeys what his views at all.

Defoe's a good professional footballer, keeps himself in tip top condition and has done well for us this season, considering the quality of service he's getting.

I'm not worried about him at all. It's those around him and lack of options to change mid game is my bigger worry.

JammySAFC likes this.
  7. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh he's not the one to worry about it's the others

8. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Crooks is an idiot and is employed due to comedy value

I don't understand why he would mention Defoe in the context of his Team of the Week article

I also don't believe that he watched our full game

marcusblackcat likes this.
  9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Crooks opinion is as relevant as an ant under water.

10. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Anyone who reads Garth's team of the week knows he's a ****ing idiot and has no idea about football - his team always has something retarded going on, goalies on the wing, defenders up front, and if a small team manages to get a draw against a big team half their team automatically goes in.

And that's when he's actually talking about the team, rather than spending half the column whining about how he disagrees with what Alan Shearer said on the MOTD couch.

11. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

you have just insulted the ant world. take it back.

Garth is a stupid, sackless pompous bell end

12. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned than ever about Defoe, only saw the game on MOTD but i got am glimpse of some strapping on his right hamstring???? hope he's not carrying injuries FFS.

13. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I honestly thought JD showed signs of being p*ssed off. He argued a few times with our players and my honest opinion is "bugger is he trying to engineer a move away".
    Obviously hope I'm wrong.
    Agree that Crooks is a 100% c*ck tho.

Vincemac likes this.