1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Games to go !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Mar 20, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

Away to West Ham, and Stoke are the games I feel we might not win on the road. maybe two draws out of our away games.

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Don't be negative, saint.

3. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

I
    I honestly don't think it is lethargy or attitude otherwise our coaches need shooting. This inability to beat lower or struggling teams has been obvious since December. The players must be conscious of it for ages now and to be still lethargic or not bothered or overconfident would be very surprising.

It must be something else. What is the main difference between Arsenal/spurs and a struggling team? You have your answer

4. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

He's just sitting on the fence....laoding a gun.

Bet he doesn't look like this though...
    please log in to view this image

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  5. saintKlopp

Imo, the main difference is not the opposition (except in regard to our attitude towards them) - it's the way we go about the game.
    I've made this point often enough and don't want to go through it all again, but we go at rivals from the off, whereas with lower teams we start off tentatively and can't get going properly, often until it's too late.

6. saintKlopp

I'm sexier. <ok>

7. saintKlopp

Since Christmas, we've gone about every game against a lower team with the same lifeless attitude. With the last couple of games I've thought beforehand that we must have learned the lesson by now - but still we do it all over again.
    Until I see this team start with the same vigour that they show against top 6 sides, then I'll fear the worst. They really need to get their arses into gear.

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

Every lower team looks like old Wimbledon to us. United played Middlesbrough after they changed their manager. I wonder if we are going
    to win if we played them after they changed their manager?

9. moreinjuredthanowen

how did you get a pic of olga.... shes not got her snipers badge yet but she's pretty good hand to hand in close if you get my meaning.

10. carlthejackal

Surely, if you can see it, I can see it and everyone can see it, then the manager and the players can too. They would start with the same vigour these games as against the top 6. If the lethargy has been apparent since December, it would have been spotted by now and rectified.

It is an attitude issue but not on our part. City playing at the Etihad would hope to get 3 points against us. so no chnace of them playing a defensive game. Swansea or Sunderland playing us at Anfield (or at home even) think that one point is a bonus for them So they sit back and have no hesitation in playing defensive and putting 10 men in the penalty area.

It is that attitude problem we have to deal with.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

true.

I think there's a large element of home games being crucial now. If we play away and v lesser side i just see bad things happening all the time.

At home i think we make a better fist of it.

As i've said lots frimino is not the guy to play v sides who sit deep. he just is not. even if he scored in every top 6 game and had 20 goals and no drunk driving conviction or whitened teeth my opniino would be a guy who runs away from goal is not the man to lead the line v two deep banks of 4.

12. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I agree. But is Divock up to it?

13. moreinjuredthanowen

valentina has you in her sights

14. carlthejackal

Not a bad looker this one <whistle>

15. moreinjuredthanowen

some are quite raw recruits to my commando brigade though

Rada here clearly struggles with cocking. not to worry though i'll show here a good one later. :)

16. LuisDiazgamechanger

What about this?.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

thats the problem.. no.

he's not very good at holding it up is he.

so while he does well coming off left and shooting and got goals in the lines of the 6 yard box arlier in season we need to have an actualy plan to help him get goals and we really don't seem to have one

City's goal last weekend was clearly thier game plan all game coming to fruition. We don't have a similar game plan for playing these sides.

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

What about this?

19. saintKlopp

This argument sounds good until you actually examine it. There's an accepted wisdom that our problem is dealing with defensive teams and we play well against top teams because they're more open.
    This is only partly true.
    Leicester didn't sit back against us - even Burnley weren't all that defensive and we won more through luck than judgement. There will be further examples if you care to look for them.
    It does come down to our attitude. Just look at the way we start a game - you can tell in the first 5 minutes whether or not we're going to struggle.
    Why hasn't this problem been identified and rectified? I don't know, but I can fire the same question at your reasons for our difficulties.
    Are we just going to sit back and accept that we're no good against a defensive team? If so we might as well pack up now, because we don't deserve a top place.
    Whatever the problem, we should be much further along the road to sorting it out than we seem to be.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

she's more of a viet cong type using an m16 with grenady launcher.. I'm not saying she couldn't make my team but... well... she'd need to prove herself.