1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Games to go !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Can't see Mourinho taking the 'all eggs in one basket' approach. I think they're playing mind games

2. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

For me there is no way Mourinho will play his key players in the league now. 4th is too much of a long shot. Both Arsenal and LFC are above him and he needs results to go his way as well as winning all his games. He has definitely given up on the league and will rest his players. Anything else will not make sense after what he did at Arsenal.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

I think this is all perspective. I could argue to pressure is on arsenal to win and they will feel failures if thry dont.

I could argue we have the day ro be mentally on it for west ham.

I coyld then argue utd may all but give up if both of us win then.

Btw i called this in january. I said then no cups and a slump turns a possibly great season into a mediocre one.

I also said however we were looking at a long slow painful crawl to 6th.... so credit to our players for digging in.

We have struggled but we have co ceded less goals and teied our best with very limited game and options.

So in short 5th... yup poor season.. have to call a spade and spade. 4th... well.. it buys us optimism and bigger opportunities to improve

4. moreinjuredthanowen

He plays last. Imo if arsenal **** up he might go for it sunday. I think however.. spurs ahould beat them anyway.

5. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Its against one of the bigger teams, so no chance he will just put out kids. Mourinho always feels the need to try and prove something. However, the chavs will win the league tonight, so Tottenham can't move up or down whatever the result, they might not care anymore.

6. carlthejackal

I think he will definitely play his second strings and those ineligible for the final from now on. May be not just kids but players like Rooney, Martial, jones Bailly Degea together with his youngsters.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

he played only one kid v arsenal

My view is relatively speaking utd have a big squad that he can easily field a senior side here

HOWEVER... he doesn't turst many senior players so the team he fields will be weak in his eyes

IMO.

De Gea will start in goal
    RB is an issue for him thats where he stuck that kid in
    LB.. maybe an issue. he really refuses to trust blind at all. blind shoudl play here. it might be darmian though
    CB: bailly can start rest of league now.
    CB: Jones/ smalling.. who cares?
    CM: Carrick will play
    CM: Herrera? he took him off after an hour v arsneal... imo he's crucial to mourinho so he will pick him
    CM: Wooney. mourinho will stick him in someplace
    RW: Lingard. i think morinho gave him contract but he's not first choice
    LW Martial/ Mata.. he hates mata. has no time for him.. so he will play.
    ST: this is riskiest one. should ideally be martial but who knows. he might over play and injure rashford

DO you see my logic (if there is any?) mourinho does refuses to trust certain players if there is any option even if he is thinking to rest guys. Blind, mata.... rooney.. martial... the guy is paranoid enough to risk injuring players he now had little remaining cover for to avoid seeing the guys he doens't like play

BLind played decent for him at cb for example but i can see mourinho toss him and start and knacker darmian.

8. carlthejackal

Yes, he has enough senior players to play them but they won't be his first 11 (?). Any team containing Rooney is now his second team. Basically I believe he has given up on the league. He's secured a Europa at least and cannot finish below 6th. If he finishes higher than 6th it will be some sort of miracle. I think it is more a "He has no other choice" situation than an "all eggs in one basket " strategy.

Our only rivals for 4th are Arsenal.

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

Not 100% certain that United are going to win the Europa cup. They still have the outside chance of qualifying for champion league via the league.
    I believe special one is going to play a strong team against Tottenham on Sunday. Also, they won't like to lose two games in a row.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

no you are right.

some respect needed for ajax who made the final needed.

On balance utd with the squad and money should win this. They are however missing some big talent for this final... zlatan in particular but now bailly too... rojo is mourinhos favorite thug defender now as well

I think utd need to figure out their best 11 and hope big names like pogba turn up while a relative kid like rashford might or might not freeze a lit on the bigger day.

Utd will be favorites and not just cos most plastics bet on them.. theres good reason for them being favorites

You are right about them not wanting to lose 2 in a row but mourinho is a political animal and he might even engineer a loss to force the boards hand to give him 500mil to spend this summer.

"look i got you CL through back door, you are SO lucky to have me but now i need 50mil or you are toast"

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

What happens if:
    1. we win all our remaining games and our rivals win all their remaining games?
    2. we lose all our remaining games and our rivals lose all their remaining games?
    3. we draw all our remaining games and our rivals draw all their remaining games?
    4. we win enough points to finish the season one or more points ahead of our rivals?

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He should take a look at what happened to us last season!

carlthejackal likes this.
  13. LuisDiazgamechanger

We have wasted our opportunity.By now, City and Arsenal should be fighting for the last four spot if we have taken our chances earlier in the season.I think we need a miracle to finish in the top four.Klopp was joking when he said we are close to Chelsea.

14. astro

astro Well-Known Member

<laugh>

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

16. carlthejackal

We are effectively in the CL.

Even if Arsenal get to 72 points, all we need to do is to beat Boro. A completely demoralised side.

EDIT: I meant the play off for the CL.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah but you can buy a team off saying CL to agents and players.

get the business done early

I'm not taking boro for granted

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

we have to win.

never seen a worse bunch of opponents that those.

boro... watford.. west brom.. sunderland.. everton... really all are the same level aren't they? pure utter rubbish and should all be relegated.

Quite how the prem has so many teams like this i dunno.

teams seem now to be able come up and survive... villa should be ashamed of what they allowed happen to their club. Newcastle are similar.. ownership errors it seems.

If you were writing a list of "big" prem teams and then well run good sided clubs Newkie,and villa would be on it.. or should. shameful owners.

in the end having so many little clubs trading purely on the tv shared money is creating a two tier league.... and yet... <laugh> somehow leicester came along and fluked it form relegation fodder to champions.

Its a funny old world.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Knobhead <ok>

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  20. moreinjuredthanowen

thanks.

<laugh>

theres another one.... I should be keeping score today